• Poll closed .

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken's ASFN Kumite
Presented by Allstate

Bracket 2, #4 seed Jean-Claude Van Damme
You must be registered for see images

Notable Films: Bloodsport, Kickboxer, The Universal Soldier series, Sudden Death, Cyborg, Timecop, Street Fighter, Breakin’.

Mini Bio: When Jean-Claude Van Damme became an international film star, there was some debate as to his ring accomplishments. Former multiple World Kickboxing Champion Don "The Dragon" Wilson even offered Jean-Claude a "$100,000" bounty match to get into the ring and fight him. Van Damme brushed off the "challenge" as a publicity stunt. But, the truth of the matter was that Jean-Claude Van Damme had indeed had a kick-boxing career, which turned out to be very successful on the European scene. He fought under his birth name of Jean-Claude Vandenberg. Fighting as a middleweight he captured a version of the European Middleweight Kickboxing Championship in 1980 with a first round knockout which was recorded in less than a minute. His career however, lasted only a few years as his interest lay in a film career. Jean-Claude's record was 12-1 with 12 knockouts.

vs.

Bracket 2, #5 seed Tony Jaa
You must be registered for see images attach

Notable Films: Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior, The Bodyguard.

Mini Bio: Stunt-man turned actor who does not use any wire work or CG effects in his stunts. Jaa watched martial arts films as a young kid and began to emulate some of his idols. After seeing the Thai action film "Born to Fight", Jaa met and studied martial arts and stunt work as a teen under the director of that film, Panna Rittikrai. Jaa went to university where he studied a variety of martial arts, from tae kwondo to judo. It was not long before Tony would get work as a stunt man. When his demo reel was seen by director Prachya Pinkaew, the film Ong-bak was created for Jaa. He hopes to bring his style of action to international audiences "Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Bruce Lee are my masters; they're the inspiration for my work. Bruce Lee was a heavy fighter who threw hard punches. Jackie moves very fast and uses a lot of comedy, and Jet Li is very fluid. I've tried to combine all of their styles and added some things of my own."

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A close one, but I am going to go with Van Damme.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I would recommend watching Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior before voting.

Jaa's Muay Thai double-knee kick to the head is so much cooler that Jean-Claude's ability to do the splits-kick.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough first round match up for Tony. In a few years this may be different.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
His performance in No Retreat No Surrender pushes Van Damme over the top.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake