• Poll closed .

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken's ASFN Kumite
Presented by Allstate

Bracket 3, #1 seed Jackie Chan
You must be registered for see images attach

How He Got Here: Defeated Milla Jovovich 18-4, defeated Jim Kelly 21-1, defeated Bolo Yeung 15-5.

Notable Films: Rush Hour series, Drunken Master series, Supercop series, Shanghai Noon, Shanghai Knights, First Strike, Rumble In The Bronx, Cannonball Run 2.

Mini Bio: Jackie Chan is a martial arts film star, often billed as an action star who always does his own stunts. In the past, Chan performed most of the non-routine stunts in his films, and he still plans, tests, choreographs, and performs the elaborate, jaw-dropping "wow" fights and jumps that make his films visually spectacular.

vs.

Bracket 4, #1 seed Jet Li
You must be registered for see images attach

How He Got Here: Defeated Liz Habib 21-0, Defeated Uma Thruman 16-4, defeated Sylvester Stallone 14-7.

Notable Films: Lethal Weapon 4, Fist Of Legend, Fearless, Hero, Cradle 2 The Grave, The One, Romeo Must Die.

Mini Bio: Jet Li started training at the Beijing Wu Shu academy at age eight (Wu Shu is China's national sport, largely a performance version of various martial art styles), and won five gold medals in the Chinese championships, his first when he was only 11. In his teens, he was already a national coach, and before he was 20, he had starred in his first movie. Jet Li was a Wu Shu world champion several times. He is the biggest Asian movie star after Jackie Chan.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
I researched these two, looking for a movie that they had done together and found nothing but a future project.

Funny how the two biggest Asian Hong-Kong action stars since Bruce Lee never worked together on-screen.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jet Li has always done the more serious epic movies while Jackie had done more of the comedic action type movies. Not that surprising about their asian movies. I am somewhat surprised that they have not done an American movie together.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I love Jackie Chan, but Jet Li has a certain serious brutality that is too hard to vote against.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One makes movies that I enjoy and does his own stunts.

One has bad movies and uses tons of wire work.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
One makes movies that I enjoy and does his own stunts.

One has bad movies and uses tons of wire work.

In reference to Jet Li and his martial arts ability, I would suggest watching "Fist Of Legend".

He will amaze you, sans wires and SFX!

edit: If you'd like to borrow my copy, you're welcome to it!

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jet Li is a decorated wushu champion and has many, many years of hard training. Jackie Chan spent 10 years in opera school learning acrobatics and Kung Fu like moves

I think Jet could kick Jackie's movie kung fu's ass

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Jet Li is a decorated wushu champion and has many, many years of hard training. Jackie Chan spent 10 years in opera school learning acrobatics and Kung Fu like moves

I think Jet could kick Jackie's movie kung fu's ass

Agreed!

Winning Wu Shu (Kung Fu to us) championships in China is like winning Basketball championships in the US.

Outside countires just don't do it very often...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we were only doing actual martial arts abilities than Jeff Speakman should be in the finals. We are doing who makes the better movie martial artist.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
If we were only doing actual martial arts abilities than Jeff Speakman should be in the finals. We are doing who makes the better movie martial artist.

Agreed on Speakman, but...Jet Li has the goods, and I was just offering you a free way to see them! :thumbup:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed on Speakman, but...Jet Li has the goods, and I was just offering you a free way to see them! :thumbup:

I would love to watch it because I haven't liked any of his movies in a long time. I am just not a big fan of wire work unless it is something silly like Kung Fu Hustle.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
I would love to watch it because I haven't liked any of his movies in a long time. I am just not a big fan of wire work unless it is something silly like Kung Fu Hustle.

Believe it or not, that's why I really liked "Mortal Kombat"! With the exception of a couple of fantastic, albeit game related maneuvers and circumstances, it was pretty close to realistic.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooohhh..I got to be the tie-breaker (for now, at least) :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, that's why I really liked "Mortal Kombat"! With the exception of a couple of fantastic, albeit game related maneuvers and circumstances, it was pretty close to realistic.

Ha! I love that movie as well. The guy playing Johnny Cage was awesome.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes!!

Note to self: watch Kung Fu Hustle again.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Fist of Legend is hands-down the best Hong Kong martial arts movie I've ever seen.

Jet Li is amazing in that film. Anyone who thinks Li's greatness comes from wires and special effects needs to see Fist of Legend.

Li is without a doubt one of, if not the best, martial artist of all time.