Supporting Member
Reaction score
Balls of Fury

Release Date: August 29, 2007
Studio: Rogue Pictures (Focus Features)
Director: Robert Ben Garant
Screenwriter: Thomas Lennon, Robert Ben Garant
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime, Sport
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for crude and sex-related humor, and for language)
Website: Balls of Fury | MySpace.com/RandyDaytona | MySpace.com/KarlWolfschtagg | MySpace.com/AgentErnieRodriguez | MySpace.com/MasterFeng

Starring: Dan Fogler, Christopher Walken, George Lopez, Maggie Q, Thomas Lennon, Robert Patrick

Plot Summary: In the unsanctioned, underground, and unhinged world of extreme Ping-Pong, the competition is brutal and the stakes are deadly. Now, this outrageous new comedy serves up this secret world for the first time on-screen. Down-and-out former professional Ping-Pong phenom Randy Daytona (Tony Award winner Dan Fogler) is sucked into this maelstrom when FBI Agent Rodriguez (George Lopez) recruits him for a secret mission. Randy is determined to bounce back and recapture his former glory, and to smoke out his father's (Robert Patrick) killer – one of the FBI's Most Wanted, arch-fiend Feng (Academy Award winner Christopher Walken). But, after two decades out of the game, Randy can't turn his life around and avenge his father's murder without a team of his own. He calls upon the spiritual guidance of blind Ping-Pong sage and restaurateur Wong (James Hong), and the training expertise of Master Wong's wildly sexy niece Maggie (Maggie Q), both of whom also have a dark history with Feng. All roads lead to Feng's mysterious jungle compound and the most unique Ping-Pong tournaments ever staged. There, Randy faces such formidable players as his long-ago Olympics opponent, the still-vicious Karl Wolfschtagg (Thomas Lennon). Can Randy keep his eye on the ball? Will he achieve the redemption he craves while wielding a paddle? Is his backhand strong enough to triumph over rampant wickedness?

Attachments

• posterballsoffury.jpg
    posterballsoffury.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 91

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot funnier than I thought it would be.

I just watched this. Much better than I expected.

Agreed, I tuned in to the show, ashamed. I'm not sure I tuned to the next channel feeling any different after watching, but I did laugh a couple of times, and that's about 100 miles of where I thought I'd end up.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys are crazy! I love anything with Walken doing comedy he just cracks me up, he made the movie for me!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good action and funny.

A lot funnier than I thought it would be.

I just watched this. Much better than I expected.

I was entertained... B-

I did laugh a couple of times, and that's about 100 miles of where I thought I'd end up.

You guys are crazy! I love anything with Walken doing comedy he just cracks me up, he made the movie for me!
We're crazy because we liked it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05