Banks May End Up Starting for the Heat

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-williams0807,0,7729021.story

Although Williams proved to be an upgrade on his Heat predecessors at point guard, especially with his ability to get into the lane, injuries eventually limited his efficiency.

The departure of Williams, 32, leaves Marcus Banks as the lone veteran
point guard under contract with the Heat.

Weird as it may sound, it is Banks and Chalmers are their only point guards under contract.

The Head have 15 guys under contract. One guy not under contract is RFA Chris Quinn. I don't know anything about him other than his stats.

Last year he played in 60 games and started 25:

Chris Quinn
Miami Heat
Position: G
Height: 6-2 Weight: 175
College: Notre Dame
Player file | Team stats

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 7.8
RPG 2.0
APG 3.0
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.424
FT% 0.867
3P% 0.403
MPG 22.3

His three point shooting was 64 of 159.

I can't find much on him. DX saw him as a Steve Blake type PG.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-williams0807,0,7729021.story

Weird as it may sound, it is Banks and Chalmers are their only point guards under contract.

The Head have 15 guys under contract. One guy not under contract is RFA Chris Quinn. I don't know anything about him other than his stats.

Last year he played in 60 games and started 25:

His three point shooting was 64 of 159.

I can't find much on him. DX saw him as a Steve Blake type PG.

quinn actually reminded me a little of williams himself last year when i got a chance to watch him. i think he would be perfect for our backup, but with only banks and chalmers under contract i think the heat will sign him again. i'd take him over stoudemire and mike w. though.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
quinn actually reminded me a little of williams himself last year when i got a chance to watch him. i think he would be perfect for our backup, but with only banks and chalmers under contract i think the heat will sign him again. i'd take him over stoudemire and mike w. though.

No point in even thinking about Quinn. Shaq, on the Suns when he got to Phoenix:
"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Boston Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
No point in even thinking about Quinn. Shaq, on the Suns when he got to Phoenix:
"I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys," O'Neal told the Boston Globe. "We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again."

oh wow, i must have missed those comments

OP
OP
Irish

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Me too. Of course they didn't ask him about Leandro. :mulli: