Barret Loux fails physical

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
Another brilliant pick by Tom Allison and crew. Since Mike Rizzo left the organization, the minor league evaluating staff has become a total joke. The Diamondbacks are severely
lacking in talent in the minor leagues and I place the blame squarely on Tom Allison and his staff. Not one of his drafts hints that there will be significant talent coming to the big leagues.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another brilliant pick by Tom Allison and crew. Since Mike Rizzo left the organization, the minor league evaluating staff has become a total joke. The Diamondbacks are severely
lacking in talent in the minor leagues and I place the blame squarely on Tom Allison and his staff. Not one of his drafts hints that there will be significant talent coming to the big leagues.

I say do not sign the guy and get the pick back next year. We are in the running for the #1 pick so two Top selections would be better than having a guy that was a late first round/second round talent at best. Already having red flags and hasn't even signed a contract yet, why didn't Allison and Co discover this prior to drafting the guy? I knew we should have paid the money to get Matt Harvey. Could we lure Rizzo back please?

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I took a dump on this pick when it was made, and I take a dump on it now.

How you couldn't notice something as severe beforehand is beyond me.

OP
OP
Tyler

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I agree you just can't sign him now. What happens if we don't?

He probably fully recovers and becomes a bionic man. Then he will break EVERY pitching record, WIN 10 CY Young awards, 8 league MVP's, 6 world series titles to go along with his 6 world series MVP awards.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I took a dump on this pick when it was made, and I take a dump on it now.

How you couldn't notice something as severe beforehand is beyond me.

What would be worse, the team not knowing about this or the team knowing about it and hoping to low ball him with a contract?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
From what I hear the Dbacks knew he would pass and that is why they took him. This years draft sucked and now they are going to get two top picks in a much better draft next year. If this is true it was a great move.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From what I hear the Dbacks knew he would pass and that is why they took him. This years draft sucked and now they are going to get two top picks in a much better draft next year. If this is true it was a great move.

Do you mean wouldn't?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I was going to post my conspiracy theory but you beat me to it. I am willing to bet that the D'Backs did not want this pick and took someone whom they knew they weren't going to sign and to justify it to fans they could say he didn't pass a physical. One problem, Allison and his cronies cannot say they didn't know about this as it isn't like he just hurt his arm within the last couple of weeks. This is a new low, but speculation is that TEX did the same thing last year when they drafted Matt Purke knowing that with a pending bankruptcy they would not sign him, boy did that back fire as Purke proved to be one of the best college pitchers in the nation going undefeated for the season. LAD also were accused of this with their 1st rounder this year.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
I was going to post my conspiracy theory but you beat me to it. I am willing to bet that the D'Backs did not want this pick and took someone whom they knew they weren't going to sign and to justify it to fans they could say he didn't pass a physical. One problem, Allison and his cronies cannot say they didn't know about this as it isn't like he just hurt his arm within the last couple of weeks. This is a new low, but speculation is that TEX did the same thing last year when they drafted Matt Purke knowing that with a pending bankruptcy they would not sign him, boy did that back fire as Purke proved to be one of the best college pitchers in the nation going undefeated for the season. LAD also were accused of this with their 1st rounder this year.

I would not give Allison and staff that much credit regarding your conspiracy theory. They are not that smart nor creative. Face it, they bungled this draft like they have in each draft since they took over. Allison should have been on the plane going out of town with Hinch and Byrnes.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would not give Allison and staff that much credit regarding your conspiracy theory. They are not that smart nor creative. Face it, they bungled this draft like they have in each draft since they took over. Allison should have been on the plane going out of town with Hinch and Byrnes.

I guess the only way to prove my theory is if he doesn't sign or if the D'Backs don't give full effort to sign him quickly. Remember, scouts stated the reason ARZ selected him was because they figured he would be one of the easier signs and to free up money on the 2 HS kids they took in Round 2 & 3, well both of the HS kids signed so let see what happens with Barrett.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I guess the only way to prove my theory is if he doesn't sign or if the D'Backs don't give full effort to sign him quickly. Remember, scouts stated the reason ARZ selected him was because they figured he would be one of the easier signs and to free up money on the 2 HS kids they took in Round 2 & 3, well both of the HS kids signed so let see what happens with Barrett.

Considering next year is allegedly a much better draft class, two top 7 picks appears to be the obvious choice. A surprisingly savvy move, if true.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
Considering next year is allegedly a much better draft class, two top 7 picks appears to be the obvious choice. A surprisingly savvy move, if true.

Savvy? That might be true if you had a different group making these picks! Do you really trust Allison and crew to make these two picks? Good luck with that!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Savvy? That might be true if you had a different group making these picks! Do you really trust Allison and crew to make these two picks? Good luck with that!

No I don't, but who is to say that Allison and his lackies are around next June? The new GM can come in and show him the door.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05