Beanie's return date - A constantly moving Target

cardfolife

Reaction score
First it was: 'OTAs aren't that important, I'll be ready for camp; which is when it truly matters'.
Then: "I'll be there for camp, but may not be full go at start of camp"
Then he starts camp not just slowly, but on PUP.
Then he's set to play on the 17th; until he doesn't.
Now it's: "I need some pre-season action for sure, to get that hit and the jitters out of the way". Translation: Maybe a few carries in the last game.

It's crystal clear where this trend is going. If I were asked to wager at this point, I'd put money on the likelihood that he'll end up having limited carries during the first quarter of the season, and his situation will once again linger through the rest of the season; and we'll hear lots more passive-aggressive junk from him about his health percentage..

I've been the hugest Bean fan this side of Thesmel, but he either needs to stop talking about his potential return dates because he's a horrible prognosticator; or he needs to come clean what the heck was done to his knee.

OP
OP
C

cardfolife

Reaction score
He's gonna be playing this Thursday.. woo-hoo!
But XTRA 910 was reporting Sat he's having trouble cutting..d'oh!

Wonder how much of this decision is motivated by 5-25-1

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's gonna be playing this Thursday.. woo-hoo!
But XTRA 910 was reporting Sat he's having trouble cutting..d'oh!

Wonder how much of this decision is motivated by 5-25-1

Beanie was the worst RB in the NFL at cutting anyway. LOL. He tries to cut and he flips like hes in ice. If he runs straight he's fine.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wells will be fine....I would guess the changing dates have more to do with the staff than Beanie. He is a known commodity, they do not need to risk rushing him back on the field..... in the meantime, Williams is getting good PT, as well as a solid stable of other young backs we may have never gotten a good look at if Beanie were running with the starters.

any of you really think Powell will ever make it to the practice squad?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wells will be fine....I would guess the changing dates have more to do with the staff than Beanie. He is a known commodity, they do not need to risk rushing him back on the field..... in the meantime, Williams is getting good PT, as well as a solid stable of other young backs we may have never gotten a good look at if Beanie were running with the starters.

any of you really think Powell will ever make it to the practice squad?

Agree with all the first paragraph.

I liked what Powell did this last game but in all honesty part of me wonders if his trickie moves work against NFL starters.

We have another game to see how he does, hopefully he gets reps earlier in the game. Wells just needs to make a quickie appearance and Williams doesn't need the reps or exsposure to injury.

What was very encouraging was how our 2nd/3rd Oline was owning the line of scrimmage in the run game.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agree with all the first paragraph.

I liked what Powell did this last game but in all honesty part of me wonders if his trickie moves work against NFL starters.

We have another game to see how he does, hopefully he gets reps earlier in the game. Wells just needs to make a quickie appearance and Williams doesn't need the reps or exsposure to injury.

What was very encouraging was how our 2nd/3rd Oline was owning the line of scrimmage in the run game.

our run blocking does appear to have reached an entirely new level. I hope they maintain that dominance all season long.

regarding Powell...the hurdle move will most likely fail miserably 99% of the time...but I like his shae and bake hip swivel move...that will get him a couple more yards in most cases in the open field.. He is not a starter at this point, nor do I ever see him as a pro bowler...but he runs well enough now to be fresh legs when we are pounding the defense and he is fairly tough.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Your going to freak out as Fitz starts to deteriate and The Bean becomes our best player on offense, I mean - Beanie loses his feet , trying to do things that a big back is not suppose to be able to do, think - Michael Bush or Brandon Jacobs - not Ryan Williams, Thomas Jones or Garrison Hearst.

Beanie caught passes as a WR for us at 20 years old! He's 23 now! He hurts people even when He's got his groove on! busting moves in traffic and in the open field! Look at that double stiff Arm TD against the Giants as a rookie-or the Green Bay Playoff Game!

But I have seen the feet flops you talk about- and you are right. but He is going for it- Where edge of physics meets the Grid Iron is the beast called Beanie Wells! large clumps of turf flying body at a 45 degree angle churning- but defenders are ducking and diving-

He'll leave it on the field - He has some players career highlights called back-
He has moves he aint even used yet- wait till he hurdles a tackler full speed diving at his ankles and he nails a DB mid air! It will happen this year - hopefully against seattle opening day;

You will need those little baloons on the screen like the old Batman shows! POW! THUMP! ZOWIE! CRUNCH! OOPH! He'll have his own Kool Aid flavor by mid season - cause he's healthy! He's got the MAD CARD DISEASE! and I want some too!

The Bean Highlights
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=beanie+wells+cardinals+highlights

Beanie was the worst RB in the NFL at cutting anyway. LOL. He tries to cut and he flips like hes in ice. If he runs straight he's fine.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your going to freak out as Fitz starts to deteriate and The Bean becomes our best player on offense, I mean - Beanie loses his feet , trying to do things that a big back is not suppose to be able to do, think - Michael Bush or Brandon Jacobs - not Ryan Williams, Thomas Jones or Garrison Hearst.

Beanie caught passes as a WR for us at 20 years old! He's 23 now! He hurts people even when He's got his groove on! busting moves in traffic and in the open field! Look at that double stiff Arm TD against the Giants as a rookie-or the Green Bay Playoff Game!

But I have seen the feet flops you talk about- and you are right. but He is going for it- Where edge of physics meets the Grid Iron is the beast called Beanie Wells! large clumps of turf flying body at a 45 degree angle churning- but defenders are ducking and diving-

He'll leave it on the field - He has some players career highlights called back-
He has moves he aint even used yet- wait till he hurdles a tackler full speed diving at his ankles and he nails a DB mid air! It will happen this year - hopefully against seattle opening day;

You will need those little baloons on the screen like the old Batman shows! POW! THUMP! ZOWIE! CRUNCH! OOPH! He'll have his own Kool Aid flavor by mid season - cause he's healthy! He's got the MAD CARD DISEASE! and I want some too!

The Bean Highlights
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=beanie+wells+cardinals+highlights

It just is what it is. In a straight line he's golden. But trying to get the edge and cutting it back up field its just not a pretty sight. In fact I dont think Beanie should ever be used on an off tackle sweep EVER. He just slips and loses his footing too much.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It just is what it is. In a straight line he's golden. But trying to get the edge and cutting it back up field its just not a pretty sight. In fact I dont think Beanie should ever be used on an off tackle sweep EVER. He just slips and loses his footing too much.

Awesome. Beanie's first play this year will be a 63 yard run on an off tackle sweep! :stick:

Of course he won't score on the play. We are talking about Beanie here.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
did you see any of the highlights I posted-

you might want to take some time to watch some of the games? He has been discouraged and treated like a punk behind THT by this staff, ruined his marketibility,

set deep in the back field instead of getting the ball quickly and using his elite vision in the line, ( RWill has great vision too) yes he will get short gains more often- but he don't have to wait on the oline to develop blocks- and giving the defenses a chance to react to him also.

See Jim Brown at FULL BACK if you have any questions. I'm not saying every play but the chess match withing the run game and the game plan- that we lose most weeks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05