Beasley continues to impress

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone remind me to never get on Phrazbit's bad side.

kthxbye.:D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beasley is what he is. I blame the folks in the Suns FO that signed him. I'm sure Beasley is no different that what you expected (Phrazbit) when the Suns signed him... which was not good.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...-michael-beasley-and-the-art-of-communication

Well, thats a relief. It turns out his poor play was because he was listening to his coaches and teammates. But now he has stopped, because obviously they do not understand the higher thinking that goes into going 1-11 on one long jumper after another.

I heard the quote and just shook my head. Hunters response was almost worse though.

What a disaster this team is. Babby better do something with that 2 year extension. (Fire Blanks and Hunter.) If Hunter is here next year I'm officially quitting as a Suns fan until there are some massive changes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard the quote and just shook my head. Hunters response was almost worse though.

What a disaster this team is. Babby better do something with that 2 year extension. (Fire Blanks and Hunter.) If Hunter is here next year I'm officially quitting as a Suns fan until there are some massive changes.

This is what I thought about Hunter's comment as well. I expected better coming from the HC.

Blanks and Hunter definitely need to go, even more so Blanks, with the upcoming draft and possible trades. I have no confidence in Blanks assessment of talent. I even wish the Suns had their second round draft pick back they used to trade for Marcus Morris.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, Hunter is continuing his habit of throwing dirt on players. His is a joke of a coach. What Beasley said was idiotic, a proper response would probably be to let him sit on the bench for a while, Hunter's choice to go right down to Beasley's level shows his own immaturity as a coach.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the "stopped listening" comment by Beasley. I took it as he is trying not to overthink out there anymore and second guess his first instinct. Could he have said it differently? Of course, but I don't read too far into it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the "stopped listening" comment by Beasley. I took it as he is trying not to overthink out there anymore and second guess his first instinct. Could he have said it differently? Of course, but I don't read too far into it.

+1

Nothing we've seen so far during this "impressive" streak has shown that it is a detriment to the team. We are losing whether or not he plays well. From all indications, the guy is a great teammate.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+1

Nothing we've seen so far during this "impressive" streak has shown that it is a detriment to the team. We are losing whether or not he plays well. From all indications, the guy is a great teammate.

Really? The players get so obviously frustrated with him I find that statement surprising.

As near as I can tell, they might like Beasley the person, the goof ball off the court, but the collective irritation at having to play basketball with the idiot has been apparent all season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beasley is Beasley. Very unprofessional on Hunter's part.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is a very apathetic locker room manifested by poor coaching and low expectations. I think players are sick of hearing people say the word, "Tank." I wouldn't be shocked if management and ownership were saying the same thing.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Beasley is Beasley. Very unprofessional on Hunter's part.

Hunter had better not coach after this season. Perfect coach if you're running an organization into the ground.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe we re-signed Babby to a contract extension. His rebuild was going to be around Beasely (who's awful and has been a cancer everywhere he's gone), Gordon (who's chronically injured) and Dragic (who's a solid player). This team would have been near the cap with that motley crew for at least three years... and for that he gets a contract extension? I can't wait to see what idiotic moves this team continues to make this off-season. Tyreke Evans or Monta Ellis anyone?

Errntknght

Reaction score
Why is it that every time we get a coach that is defensively oriented we get one that is so flawed as coach - Skiles then Porter and now Hunter. I had a negative visceral response to Skiles, so much as it pains me to say it, he was the best of the trio. At least when he took over you saw an improvement in the defensive rotations (though he didn't fit the offense to the players he had to work with.) We don't know what kind of constraints Hunter is operating under but whatever they are the D should show a little something by now. I'm searching for it but I see nothing worthy of note.

I suppose the answer to the question is ultimately Sarver not wanting to pay for someone established and the FO he's put together is no better at recognizing coaching talent than playing talent so they're getting what they pay for - or less.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is it that every time we get a coach that is defensively oriented we get one that is so flawed as coach - Skiles then Porter and now Hunter. I had a negative visceral response to Skiles, so much as it pains me to say it, he was the best of the trio. At least when he took over you saw an improvement in the defensive rotations (though he didn't fit the offense to the players he had to work with.) We don't know what kind of constraints Hunter is operating under but whatever they are the D should show a little something by now. I'm searching for it but I see nothing worthy of note.

I suppose the answer to the question is ultimately Sarver not wanting to pay for someone established and the FO he's put together is no better at recognizing coaching talent than playing talent so they're getting what they pay for - or less.

Name the good defense oriented coaches in the league? Most are good all around coaches who emphasize all aspects of the game. Even then its more about the.players.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Beasley had a good stretch until the last game when layups did not fall. Why I am not suprised phrazbit waits until after that game to bring up something that was old news?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Why is it that every time we get a coach that is defensively oriented we get one that is so flawed as coach - Skiles then Porter and now Hunter.

Because it's easier for an incompetent coach to get a job if he says he's defensively oriented.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because it's easier for an incompetent coach to get a job if he says he's defensively oriented.

Because that is what all coaches believe is the solution for competing with mediocre talent.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beasley had a good stretch until the last game when layups did not fall. Why I am not suprised phrazbit waits until after that game to bring up something that was old news?

Old news? LOL, the article was dated YESTERDAY.

And a "stretch" of good* games... amounts to TWO... watch out China, in a few years you're getting a beast.

*Good only in terms of scoring, and scoring despite his typical horrible array of long contested jumpers and running one handers in the lane while turning his body to avoid contact, he just manages to get them to go in sometimes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This kid is so mentally fragile. He makes Dennis Rodman look downright sane.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This kid is so mentally fragile. He makes Dennis Rodman look downright sane.

comparing him to rodman? :bang:

rodman was such a workaholic on and off the court, and not so much mentally weak as beaseley.

i'm not sure what comparison/analogy you're trying to make.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Rodman was pretty sane on the court, but off of it he was, and continues to be, a disaster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake