#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
BENGALS UNVEIL NEW LOGO AND ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR NEW UNIFORM SHOWING
3/22/2004 -

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE; MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2004

FROM CINCINNATI BENGALS PUBLIC RELATIONS

BENGALS UNVEIL NEW LOGO AND ANNOUNCE

PLANS FOR NEW UNIFORM SHOWING

The Bengals today unveiled a new team logo, an initial “B” custom-designed for the team. The unique letterform features the team’s signature tiger stripes.

“People associate the stripes with our team, and we wanted to incorporate that in a new logo,” said Katie Blackburn, Bengals executive vice-president. “It adds to our inventory of logos with a clean, simple design that has a strong Bengals identity.”

Also today, the club announced plans for uniform changes in 2004. The new Bengals uniforms will be unveiled on April 22 at Paul Brown Stadium.

“Our players and fans have been interested in a revision to our uniforms, and I believe everyone is going to be very pleased and impressed,” said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “We anticipate a lot of excitement for this event.”

The Bengals’ 2004 uniform changes do not include any alteration to the team’s signature striped helmet.

The new “B” logo will be on the new uniform, and the logo will be a featured element in team promotions and merchandise. However, the Bengals also will continue to use the team’s leaping tiger and tiger head logos.

The Bengals Pro Shop has several styles of apparel featuring the new “B” logo available for immediate sale, and merchandise will be available for online orders at www.bengals.com within the next few days.

Apparel featuring the new mark can be found in men’s, women’s and youth sizes. This will include the white polo shirt Marvin Lewis wore at today’s news conference.

Attachments

• bmark.gif
    bmark.gif
    2 KB · Views: 449

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't they just change their primary logo and unis 1-2 seasons ago?

This new one is super lame.

A-Bomb

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Stout said:
That's just hideous as a new logo...egads, man, why not just go back to the old striped helmets, if the logo's going to be so bad???
Agreed..man to think a panel of "experts" probably stewed over a logo that a 2 year old could have come up with in 2 seconds...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I kind of like it. I like the simplicity.

It also depends on what they're going to do with it. It's not a helmet logo, which is good. So, presumably it's going on hats and t-shirts, maybe painted on the 50. I think it suits those things just fine.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
That's just hideous as a new logo...egads, man, why not just go back to the old striped helmets, if the logo's going to be so bad???

"The Bengals’ 2004 uniform changes do not include any alteration to the team’s signature striped helmet."

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wouldn't a striped C be a better choice? For some goofy reason I think of Baltimore when I see it instead of Cinci.

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Wouldn't a striped C be a better choice? For some goofy reason I think of Baltimore when I see it instead of Cinci.
I think a rip-off version of the Cinci Bearcat logo would have been cooler with the stripes and the clawed pawprint at the top...that B blows!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I dunno, I kind of like it. I like the simplicity.

It also depends on what they're going to do with it. It's not a helmet logo, which is good. So, presumably it's going on hats and t-shirts, maybe painted on the 50. I think it suits those things just fine.

Ah, see, I thought it was a new helmet logo. That would've been a disaster!!!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Here's a little better look at the logo - with the new wordmark:

You must be registered for see images

We've been talking about this for a week or more at my usual hangout (the logos and uniforms forums)...

There was a rumor going around that they were going to add Silver as well, but it doesn't seem to be true.

Side note: if you haven't heard yet, the Colts are going to a darker Blue next year, and reverting back to Gray facemasks.

I hate Gray facemasks.

(yes, even the Cardinals' Gray facemasks)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
Side note: if you haven't heard yet, the Colts are going to a darker Blue next year, and reverting back to Gray facemasks.
That's disappointing. I like the current blue that they have (isn't that a shade darker than the Unitas-era Colts?). The Colts are one of the last bastions (sp?) of simplicity in a world of too-busy uni's, IMO. Same with the Cards and Browns. I hope they always remain "simple."

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
:barf:

Attachments

• bmark.gif
    bmark.gif
    2 KB · Views: 120

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I like the gray face masks.
I think a little darker blue and gray face masks is going to look good for Indy.

I don't really consider the Cards uni's to be simple. Too many stripes and a bad 60's logo.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN Radio just reported that the Bengals will still use the "leaping tiger" logo as well.

A-Bomb

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I don't really consider the Cards uni's to be simple. Too many stripes and a bad 60's logo.
I should have been more specific. I'm not a fan of the white unis, but I do like the reds for their simplicity.

Until the white echos the simplicity of the red, I'll never own one.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I should have been more specific. I'm not a fan of the white unis, but I do like the reds for their simplicity.

Until the white echos the simplicity of the red, I'll never own one.

:thumbup:

:ais: