Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon.com
One never tires of watching Russ Meyer's Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, a distant relative of Jaqueline Susann's bestselling novel, Valley of the Dolls, and its filmic counterpart, Valley of the Dolls. Kelly McNamara (Dolly Read), Casey Anderson (Cynthia Myers), and Petronella Danforth (Marcia McBroome), star as the hot female trio who clumsily navigate Hollywood during the Swingin' Sixties to promote their band, The Carrie Nations. Written by Rogert Ebert, Ebert calls the film the "first rock-horror exploitation musical," because BVD, as it's called by fans, encompasses all that was sexy, funny, hip, schlocky, stylish, and horrific about America's most interesting cultural period. BVD can be viewed as a Sixties' artifact, packed with consummate party scenes (and a cameo appearance by Strawberry Alarm Clock), as the original skin flick, as a proto-cult classic, or as a benchmark in American cinema, since it is actually well- written, artfully shot, and finely edited. This special edition re-release includes a second disc comprised of five featurettes, whose topics include Meyers' biography, the Carrie Nations music as soundtrack, Casey and Roxanne's titillating lesbian love scene, and the political climate during the Sixties. Revisiting Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, especially after Russ Meyer's recent death, reminds viewers to treasure his visionary obsession with female beauty. --Trinie Dalton

This was terrible. I know this wasn't technically a sequel, but at least the first one had a little character to it. This one was a complete disaster.

The only thing I took away from this film is that I got to see Murdock from Rambo 2 in his younger days.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065466/

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like looking at small girls with enormous natural breasts, this is the movie for you. Otherwise, it really is very, very bad cinema.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22