Big Cat Williams...

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Told "The SCORE" sports radio here in Chicago today that he has all the $ he needs and is willing to play for the league minimum and thinks he has more football in him. He said Mac was one of the people he hoped to "get advise" from. Do you think he has anything left? Can he help us?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think he would be a great backup for the Cardinals, especially with the injuries to Clement the past few seasons.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I read an article in one of the Green Bay papers that Big Cat was interested in coming to the Packers. He could be a backup for the minimum, and he would get the chance to start in the event Clifton doesn't fully recover from the hit from Sapp. The article said he would like to play against the Bears twice a year if he could.

I read a different article that said Big Cat was over the hill and not worth going after.

I have no idea how true either of those comments are, but that's what I read in 2 different articles.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a warrior and I think he still has a little bit in the tank. For the vet minimum, I would definitely go after him. He could start for alot of teams IMO and as a backup, he would be a heck of an insurance policy. He isn't the best OT out there but if I was a QB, I think I would be quite comfortable knowing he would take care of me.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
I'd sign him - if only for his nickname.

Dam! I would sign anybody. I wonder how many teams have not signed any FA's other than their own?

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
49ers | Trying to Re-sign Okeafor - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:15 PT: Cam Inman reports for the Contra Costa Times the San Francisco 49ers are working hard to re-sign free agent DE Chike Okeafor (49ers). GM Tom Donahue has tagged Okefor as the 49ers top priority to re-sign. Okeafor's agent, Andy Simms, said he spoke with 49ers representatives on Thursday. "They're still very interested," Simms said of the 49ers. "We're waiting to see what Chike is interested in after these trips."

Panthers | May Look At Roundtree - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:10 PT: Darren Urban reports for the East Valley Tribune free agent OL Raleigh Roundtree (Cardinals) may get some interest from the Carolina Panthers.

Roundtree is a guy I think we really should resign. Looks like Okeafor is thinking about the Bay again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22