Bobcats and Suns are expressing interest in Charlie Bell

sunsfn

Reaction score
Someone will have to translate...........! :D

---------------------------------------------------------
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bobcats and Suns are expressing interest in Charlie Bell[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]La Voz de Galicia[/font]

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/inicio/noticia.jsp?CAT=126&TEXTO=3466828

You must be registered for see images
Kopa
muestra("baner");
(la voz | lugo) Toda la ACB y media Europa sigue la pista de Charlie Bell, la superestrella del Breogán que el año pasado alcanzó la distinción de máximo anotador de la Liga italiana y en la actual campaña va a repetir título en la competición española. Su fama ha traspasado fronteras y también el océano Atlántico, ya que al menos diez franquicias de la NBA están interesadas en incorporarlo a partir del verano.

Tim Shea, que reside en Lugo y es el director internacional de los Charlotte Bobcats, no esconde las preferencias de la recién creada franquicia norteamericana: «Interesa a algunos equipos de la NBA, incluido al nuestro». Phoenix Suns también ha mostrado su intención de entrar en la puja, ya que el jugador encanta a su técnico Mike D'Antoni, con el que ya coincidió en el Benetton hace tres años. «Sé que Bell ha pasado por problemas con su tobillo, pero es un jugador que me encanta. En Treviso era él quien tiraba de nuestro equipo. A mí me dio un campeonato y en general jugó muy bien. Es un fenómeno», señaló el técnico.

Shea ya ha enviado un informe positivo a los Bobcats, recomendando su fichaje. No habrá problema de dinero, ya que Charlotte es el club de la NBA que más margen de maniobra tiene para ajustarse al tope salarial.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We had him on our team back in 2001-2002, but I believe it was only for 10 games.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Translated

Kopa shows ("baner"); (the voice | lugo) All the ACB and average Europe continues the trail of Charlie Bell, the superestrella of the Breogán that last year reached the distinction of maximum scorer of the Italian League and in the present campaign is going to repeat title in the Spanish competition. Its fame has transferred borders and also the Atlantic ocean, since al less ten franchises of the NBA are interested in incorporating it from the summer.

Tim Shea, that resides in Lugo and is the international director of the Charlotte Bobcats, he does not hide the preferences of the recently created American franchise: «Interests to some teams of the NBA, included al our». Phoenix Suns has also shown his intention to enter the struggle, since the player charms to his technical one Mike D' Antoni, with the one that already he coincided in the Benetton three years ago. «I know that Bell passed through problems with his ankle, but is a player that I love. In Treviso he was he who threw of our team. A championship he gave me me to and in general he played very well. He is a phenomenon», he indicated the technician.

Shea already he has sent a positive report to the Bobcats, recommending his acquisition. He there will not be problem of money, since Charlotte is the club of the NBA that more margin of maneuver has to be adjusted al salary stop

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gee! said:
Kopa shows ("baner"); (the voice | lugo) All the ACB and average Europe continues the trail of Charlie Bell, the superestrella of the Breogán that last year reached the distinction of maximum scorer of the Italian League and in the present campaign is going to repeat title in the Spanish competition. Its fame has transferred borders and also the Atlantic ocean, since al less ten franchises of the NBA are interested in incorporating it from the summer.

Tim Shea, that resides in Lugo and is the international director of the Charlotte Bobcats, he does not hide the preferences of the recently created American franchise: «Interests to some teams of the NBA, included al our». Phoenix Suns has also shown his intention to enter the struggle, since the player charms to his technical one Mike D' Antoni, with the one that already he coincided in the Benetton three years ago. «I know that Bell passed through problems with his ankle, but is a player that I love. In Treviso he was he who threw of our team. A championship he gave me me to and in general he played very well. He is a phenomenon», he indicated the technician.

Shea already he has sent a positive report to the Bobcats, recommending his acquisition. He there will not be problem of money, since Charlotte is the club of the NBA that more margin of maneuver has to be adjusted al salary stop

Someone will need to translate this too! :D

fordronken

Reaction score
Thanks for translating. I know literal translations on the fly can be rough.

Speaking of translations, though, has anyone been to engrish.com?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In Treviso he was he who threw of our team.

I don't know, that sentence seems to sum it all up perfectly for me.

Stupid question: Who is Charlie Bell? I know his name is familiar. Was he on a Suns summer league roster a couple of years ago or something? And how will his English be if he comes over? ;)

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
elindholm said:

Stupid question: Who is Charlie Bell? I know his name is familiar. Was he on a Suns summer league roster a couple of years ago or something? And how will his English be if he comes over? ;)

charlie bell is a guard out of Michigan st. I believe he was there the same time that Mateen Cleaves was. I think they won the championship while he was there. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
elindholm said:

he played for michigan state. he's combo guard. we did have him on a summer league roster. and his english is fine. he's an american. i actually think he might have been one of the "flyntstones" in college (one of the guys who grew up in flynt, MI)

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Thanks for translating. I know literal translations on the fly can be rough.

Bah, he didn't translate that. He just stuck it in Babelfish.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
They released him and I think he is playing overseas now.

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Charlie Bell is playing for Leche Rio (8-13), 11th team in Spanish league.
He has played 19 games so far averaging:
25.7 points (#1 in ACB); 93/175 (2), 73/177 (3), 83/98 (1); 3.3 rebounds; 2.2 assists in 33 minutes of playing time.
I think he might by choosen for MVP in Spanish league. In my opinion he is one of the best guards in Europe this season.

Gorilla

Booooya!!!
Reaction score
O.k. I'll do my best in translating. I hope I do a better job than a computer. lol..

All ACB and half Europe are after the trail of Breogans superstar Charlie Bell, who last year reached the distinction of maximum scorer of the Italian League, and is about to earn that same title in the Spanish League. His fame has crossed borders and the Atlantic Ocean, since at least 10 NBA teams have expressed interest in acquiring him in the summer.

Tim Shea (International director for the Charlotte Bobcats), who resides in Lugo, doesn't hide the interest of the Bobcats for Bell, "Several teams have expressed interest, incluiding ours". The Phoenix Suns have also shown the intention of making a push to get Bell, since Mike D'Antoni loves him and coached him in Benetton three years ago. "I am aware of Charlie's ankle problems, but still he is a player that I love. He was our leader in Benetton Treviso. He won me a title and in general, played really well. He is a fenom", D'Antoni said.

Shea has already given a positive report and recommended his signing to the Bobcats. There won't be any financial problems, since Charlotte is the NBA's team with more money to spare before reaching the salary cap.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Gorilla said:
The Phoenix Suns have also shown the intention of making a push to get Bell, since Mike D'Antoni loves him and coached him in Benetton three years ago. "I am aware of Charlie's ankle problems, but still he is a player that I love. He was our leader in Benetton Treviso. He won me a title and in general, played really well. He is a fenom", D'Antoni said.

Sounds like D'Antoni being a nice guy more than anything else.

The Suns certainly haven't made any effort to acquire any other Treviso players. Tyus Edney is the one the Suns could really use, though, and I believe he's retired... :confused:

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Edney signed 3-years deal with Lottomatica Roma.
This year he is not playing as well as he used to but he is still averaging 11.6 points and 2.9 assists. I really enjoyed him when he was playing for Treviso. Funny thing is that he wanted to sing with Zalgiris Kowno and play with Sabonis but his wife said 'no'. Robert Pack is point guard in Kowno right now.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
fordronken said:
What about Troy Bell?

Euro League - Real Madrid CF

http://www.euroleague.net/plantillas/jugador.jsp?id=KHC
Played high-school basketball at Academy of Holy Anges, Minneapolis...played college basketball at Boston College (1999-2003)...selected in the 2003 USBL Draft by Texas Rim Rockers (#43)...selected in the 2003 NBA Draft by Boston Celtics (#16)...draft rights traded to Memphis Grizzlies...signed for the 2003-04 season by Memphis Grizzlies...released on November ’04...moved to Spain on December ’04, signed by Real Madrid CF.

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Troy Bell

I belive he has been released. I haven't seen him in Real Madrid roster since then.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
meth said:
Edney signed 3-years deal with Lottomatica Roma.
This year he is not playing as well as he used to but he is still averaging 11.6 points and 2.9 assists. I really enjoyed him when he was playing for Treviso. Funny thing is that he wanted to sing with Zalgiris Kowno and play with Sabonis but his wife said 'no'. Robert Pack is point guard in Kowno right now.

When did Pack head to Europe, he was on a 10 contract with the Nets in January. He was someone I thought the Suns should consider for the remainder of the season. How long did he sign for in Kowno?

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
When did Pack head to Europe, he was on a 10 contract with the Nets in January. He was someone I thought the Suns should consider for the remainder of the season. How long did he sign for in Kowno?

Last year he was playing three or four months for Pamesa Walencia. This season he signed 1 year contract with Zalgiris. I was wondering why he missed some games in January but it seems his was trying to sing contract in NBA. He came back to Europe and advanced with Kowno to Top16 in Euroleague (averaging 18.3points, 3.1assists).

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
meth said:
Last year he was playing three or four months for Pamesa Walencia. This season he signed 1 year contract with Zalgiris. I was wondering why he missed some games in January but it seems his was trying to sing contract in NBA. He came back to Europe and advanced with Kowno to Top16 in Euroleague (averaging 18.3points, 3.1assists).

I always liked the way he played. Would have been a good veteran pick up. When does their season end.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charley Bell spent about 10 minutes with the Suns in 2001. I believe he was an undrafted fa signee in summer league and signed a make-good contract. He was on the roster until mid-season, IIRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05