Reaction score
Fake

Font on the numbers is too large

Red home jerseys didnt have the blue stripe on the arm

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought one of these,nice quality but not quite the exact color etc.
Comes from Korea but they ship it fast (1 week)

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Real jerseys are pretty obvious on eBay because they are still selling for $150+, especially older style Tillman jerseys. Anything that's selling for $20 or $30 is fake.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Very few "authentic" jerseys being sold on eBay are real...it's a major scam...

That one should go down in the books...although I couldn't believe the crap I saw at the Steelers preseason game I went to...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I dont use ebay. They have done nothing to curtail bootleg clothing, DVDs, etc.

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I liked the off red color, but im not going to buy a bootleg Tillman. I'll just buy one from the pat tillman foundation, or nflshop.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Just to be fair, after a quick glance mind you, no where in the ad does it say "authentic". It just says everything's sewn on. Gray area I suppose but at least they're not trying to pass something off fraudulantly.

I bought a knock-off Warner jersey from someone on Ebay(not this seller) and although it's not perfect, it's pretty darned nice and a lot cheaper than a true authentic. The difference in price (around $40 total) is well worth the difference in detail/quality(which I have a hard time identifying anyway) to me. Not all knock-off's are good quality but not all are poor quality. As far as this particular auction, the jersey, although all sewn, doesn't look like the real thing to me at all.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Wow, that one is waaaay off. I bought a fake a couple years ago when the NFL wasn't alowing the sale of Tillman jerseys. It had the same exact american flag-looking patch on the neck (instead of the NFL logo), but the rest of the jersey looks pretty authentic. The color isn't perfect, but I got it for $40 shipped.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's obvious though that it's not an attempt an NFL jersey though. The shield on the chest is not an NFL one. I saw a lady with one at the game, and it actually looked pretty nice. I'd probably just get one from the foundation.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated previously, it's definately a knock-off, but I gotta say, I like the design. It really dresses up the old red's.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Not authentic means unlicensed

I know the average person isnt going to shed any tears about the NFL or players missing out on potential royalties--

In this case howeever, buying a fake Tillman deprives the Foundation, or his widow of a royalty. Who would want to do that?

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
It is definitely not a licensed product but I like it. They have it in white too. I do agree about depriving the Foundation though.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Very few "authentic" jerseys being sold on eBay are real...it's a major scam...

That one should go down in the books...although I couldn't believe the crap I saw at the Steelers preseason game I went to...

Agreed. The prices should be a dead giveaway. However, some of the knock-offs are so good that they're actually worth considering for the money. I have a room in my house where I hang framed Seahawks jerseys. The ones on eBay are so good from the back (the direction that I frame them from) that it's actually well worth the money. It all just depends on your tolerance for something that's not exactly authentic.