Boston Experiences - The Good, Bad, & the UGLY

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I think D Bo is a very, very talented player, BUT just curious what was your experience(s) when you met him???????? Maybe mine is tainted because my experience was only at this past training camp - 2002. Did he act like an ass only because the media was bugging him about the drug ordeal??? Or does he always think his s_it don't stink!

Well here is mine. D Bo was by far and away my favorite Card at the time. Me and Big Daddy Redbird decided to take a road trip from CO to AZ for the first time - approx. 1000 miles. Diehards w/ a mission and hope. Anyway we were pumped and both dropped some major change to buy a Boston Jersey as soon as we got in town. You have to understand I have about 25 years of pain invested in this team. Anyway, everyday we tried to catch D Bo and get our Jerseys signed. One day we got his attention and luckily at least BiG Daddy Scored. I was sitting there set to score and D Bo said that he would also sign mine. Then "poof" he was gone. All other attempts were futile and he acted like the fans were peasants. Whats up w/ that??????? D Bo lost some LOVE that day... I know he cant make time for everyone but he didn't make any time for the true fans those couple of days. In contrast, guys like Plummer and Sanders seemed to appreciate the fans. Yes I am bitter....But reality has set in and D Bo is gone but in a way I am gald because he represented to me what asses some Sports Figures are today.

Maybe it was just me but I doubt it. Curious to hear you story: the GOOD, THE BAD, & THE UGLY....Maybe this will be therapy for all of us. And to make matters worst the guy I thought needed to go has followed me to Colorado.

:wave:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22