Boston on Fox last night

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Did anyone see the news on Fox last night? Jude LaCava had DB's quote on video. I'm a big believer in body language. When a San Diego reporter asked DB why he decided to come to town, he said:

The weather's great, the grass, they have a great running back, and they want to win now.

Here's what the body language told me. When asked the question, his face lit up at the prospect of an easy question. He quickly responded-
The weather's great.
Truth. And THEE reason he's there.
Grass. (as in play on grass, not the proximity to growers)
Truth. he knows his knees can't take turf.
Then...eyes look to the right. (thinking of what he SHOULD say)
They have a great running back. (inadvertant slam on his Cardinal buddy TJ)
And they want to win now. (what his agent TOLD him to say)

PARTY AT BOSTON'S ON THE BEACH!!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Did anyone see the news on Fox last night? Jude LaCava had DB's quote on video. I'm a big believer in body language. When a San Diego reporter asked DB why he decided to come to town, he said:

The weather's great, the grass, they have a great running back, and they want to win now.

Here's what the body language told me. When asked the question, his face lit up at the prospect of an easy question. He quickly responded-
The weather's great.
Truth. And THEE reason he's there.
Grass. (as in play on grass, not the proximity to growers)
Truth. he knows his knees can't take turf.
Then...eyes look to the right. (thinking of what he SHOULD say)
They have a great running back. (inadvertant slam on his Cardinal buddy TJ)
And they want to win now. (what his agent TOLD him to say)

PARTY AT BOSTON'S ON THE BEACH!!!

The one thing I disagree with is the RB line. He was slamming Shipp IMO because of what the Cards did to his buddy (best friend on the team) TJ.

SDS has the best field in the league I think so that is a lame excuse. The weather...IMO the weather is a draw but I admit SD may overall have more perfect weather.

The unspoken reason? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As well as the off season....come on...Really...how many of us really enjoy the blistering heat of the summer. Would you not take the beach sand over the desert sand? I would.

SD has us on the weather. Not during the season but the rest of the time it does.

OP
OP
Lex

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I think there is only one place that has better weather than us, San Diego has the best weather in the country.

But I don't want players on my team that come here for the damn weather. That's a lame reason IMO, and shows weakness.

He took LESS $$$$$$$$ than we offered. Another bad sign for DB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I think there is only one place that has better weather than us, San Diego has the best weather in the country.

But I don't want players on my team that come here for the damn weather. That's a lame reason IMO, and shows weakness.

That is sucha distortion of the facts and you know it! We don't even ahve any idea as to what we offered - HAS THERE EVER BEEN ANTYHING PUBLISHED AT WHAT OUR EXACT OFFER WAS? And to that end - he got a signing bonus which apparently (and we don't even know this for sure) he wasn't getting here. That is the only $$$$ that counts in this league.

He also went to a team that finished with a better record than us and had a more proven commodity at QB, RB and COACH! You really think it's the weather and his agent let him go somewhere else for less money? The agent gets a cut. And if he did take less money to go somewhere else - that doesn't refelct poorly on him - IT REFLECTS POORLY ON US! How mnay times have everyone said players are too greedy, if they really wanted to win they could to the Lakers for a million dollars and win a championship. Was Danny Manning a idiot when he signed with the suns for the 1 MILLION WHEN HE WAS THE PRIZE FREE AGENT IN THE NBA BACK IN 1994? Sorry but your arguments up above don't make any sense to me.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
As well as the off season....come on...Really...how many of us really enjoy the blistering heat of the summer. Would you not take the beach sand over the desert sand? I would.

SD has us on the weather. Not during the season but the rest of the time it does.

Actually I said In my opinion the weather is a draw but admitted SD probably has more perfect weather. Personally, I don't mind the summer weather. Used to work outside in it and loved it...before back problems set in. Hated working inside.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex

Less money overall but more upfront. Also Boston figures he can make up the difference in endorsements if he does well there.

San Diego's weather is as close to perfect as it gets I frankly would be stunned if someone moving there did NOT mention the weather.

2 1/2 years ago I went there for work to look at buildings as we wanted to open a small office there to be near some key customers. What started as a 2 person building search became a 5 person search. Once word got out all of a sudden engineering volunteered that it was really "critical" that we have a team of engineers in San Diego not just marketing or FAE's because we needed to be VERY close to those customers. So overnight they changed from asking for a building to house maybe 10 people to one that could hold 25 or more.

We weren't idiots, when the engineering manager started talking about putting the building in Carlsbad(he just happened to live in Carlsbad he was hired to head up the San Diego office) it became quite obvious what was going on. When I came back I reported to my boss the office was never going to happen because everyone was just trying to con their way into moving to San Diego on the company's dime. Next day the powers that be put their foot down about the size of the office, the new manager quit, and the office never happened.

Both those key customers are just about bankrupt now so it would have been lunacy to actually get the bigger building there.

Some people will do anything to get good weather and it's pretty damn good weather here in the Bay Area but not like San Diego.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Re: Re: Boston on Fox last night

Originally posted by AZCB34
The one thing I disagree with is the RB line. He was slamming Shipp IMO because of what the Cards did to his buddy (best friend on the team) TJ.

Anyone who says that Marcel Shipp is even half the RB that Landaian Tomlinson is just not intelligent on the topic of NFL football. DB says that the Bolts have a great running back, and he's telling the truth. At best, Marcel Shipp is a good running back.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Boston on Fox last night

Originally posted by kerouac9
Anyone who says that Marcel Shipp is even half the RB that Landaian Tomlinson is just not intelligent on the topic of NFL football. DB says that the Bolts have a great running back, and he's telling the truth. At best, Marcel Shipp is a good running back.

Who have you seen say Shipp is as good, or even in the same league as Tomlinson?

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Boston on Fox last night

Originally posted by AZCB34
Who have you seen say Shipp is as good, or even in the same as Tomlinson?

It's implied in the statement that DB was "slamming" Marcel by promoting Ladanian by saying he's a "great" back.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boston on Fox last night

It's implied in the statement that DB was "slamming" Marcel by promoting Ladanian by saying he's a "great" back.

Read what I wrote again. I said he was slamming Shipp because the Cards dissed DBs best friend TJ...and I did state is as opinion. It doesn;t even need to be mentioned Tomlinson is better because EVERYONE knows that.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
San Diego makes the most sense

Jurecki has long reported that Boston spends most of his time in Los Angeles. On non-practice days, he was in LA. He is a big partier and loves the big city life.

Who can blame him though, because I love going to LA as well. Ultimately, San Diego is the closest city to the city he loves, just an hour up the freeway.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not picking a fight with you.

I know, but you took my words completely out of context. I would LOVE...again LOVE...to have a RB like Tomlinson here. I have said on other threads that I believed one of the reasons why DB wanted out of AZ was because his best friend on the team got screwed, no matter which story anyone believes. TJ would be talking alot of negative smack and eventually, DB would start to believe it. TJ was always saying he didn't get enough carries and I certainly believe he not only said that alot to DB, but likely bashed SHipp to DB because Shipp took his job away.

I guess we can say, though, the simple fact is DB took the SD contract for one reason...all the rest is just nonsense. $$$$$$$$$, guaranteed $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: San Diego makes the most sense

Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
Jurecki has long reported that Boston spends most of his time in Los Angeles. On non-practice days, he was in LA. He is a big partier and loves the big city life.

Who can blame him though, because I love going to LA as well. Ultimately, San Diego is the closest city to the city he loves, just an hour up the freeway.

Or 3 hours in LA traffic (-:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22