Brady Quin like a rock

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Dropping that is.

Man I think Thomas had the right idea he's fishing with his dad, good move.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dropping that is.

Man I think Thomas had the right idea he's fishing with his dad, good move.
This is going to very similar to Rogers free fall two years ago. Quinn might go 17 to JAX if HOU passes on him otherwise I think he's going 23 to KC.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Why does anyone sign with Tom Condon?

He's like an anchor.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
In a private room now. Feel bad for the guy--but he may have the last laugh if he goes to a team that can win now.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This is going to very similar to Rogers free fall two years ago. Quinn might go 17 to JAX if HOU passes on him otherwise I think he's going 23 to KC.

I live in KC I'd like to see the Chiefs get him but no way does he slide that far it's probably going to be Carolina that ends this.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Maybe St. Louis or Carolina takes him looking toward the future. Yes, they both have capable starters, but both QBs are starting to get a little old. IF neither of those bite, he could easily drop to 23.

So much for the "Cards should have traded their 5th pick to a team that wanted Quinn" arguement.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Maybe St. Louis or Carolina takes him looking toward the future. Yes, they both have capable starters, but both QBs are starting to get a little old. IF neither of those bite, he could easily drop to 23.

So much for the "Cards should have traded their 5th pick to a team that wanted Quinn" arguement.

I think we way overestimated the possibility of trades at our spot.

This again dosen't give me much faith in Graves, Levi isn't a terrible pick for us considering where we are, but where we are given what was possible in the offseason is the problem IMO.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I live in KC I'd like to see the Chiefs get him but no way does he slide that far it's probably going to be Carolina that ends this.
I don't know I think CAR is all set with the big overrated whiner I mean Delhome. Safety is a more pressing need for them I see them going Nelson.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I personally don't think teams from #14 on down take Quinn. They are better positioned to win now and why waste a pick on a QB who going to sit on the bench for at least two years?

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Detroit pick in the 2nd round.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Im not all that surprised w/ the Quinn thing, I really don't think he's going to be anything special.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does anyone sign with Tom Condon?

He's like an anchor.

Thank you, I'm saying the exact same thing. Condon got Leinart last year ostensibly to resurrect his draft position, and he fell to us. He then held us captive for ages and refused to accept slot value. Is it any wonder nobody is trading up to get Quinn? Just like Rodgers a few years ago he could have gone first but they picked the other guy, but now he could be in freefall.

Whoever gets him it will be interesting to get him signed, we know damn well Condon won't take slot value.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I personally don't think teams from #14 on down take Quinn. They are better positioned to win now and why waste a pick on a QB who going to sit on the bench for at least two years?

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Detroit pick in the 2nd round.

Quinn won't go past Chicago. They need a QB.

That said, I think if he slides past G.Bay then he goes to Dallas. Romo kinda fell apart at the end of the year, and Dallas likes having pretty boys at the QB position.

Anybody notice our division rivals have drafted all defense so far?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here;s where we'll see a lot of interest in a trade for Quinn. In order to get him, you've got to get in front of KC, IMO.

I hope he does go to KC so he can give Denver fits for years to come.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Brady seems like a good guy. I know that doesn't affect where he's drafted but he seems to have a lot of mental toughness and composure.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, BTW, nice of Godell to get him out of the way of the cameras, but I think I would have said "Thanks, but no thanks."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, BTW, nice of Godell to get him out of the way of the cameras, but I think I would have said "Thanks, but no thanks."

Rodgers survived it and so will Quinn but I can't really fault him for wanting to go in the back room. As he said, he had to settle his family down it's just as hard on them as is on him. I remember Rodgers said something similar he had to keep reassuring his family and friends that it wasn't the end of the world.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rodgers survived it and so will Quinn but I can't really fault him for wanting to go in the back room. As he said, he had to settle his family down it's just as hard on them as is on him. I remember Rodgers said something similar he had to keep reassuring his family and friends that it wasn't the end of the world.
Oh, I get the desire to get out from under the lights, I just think I would have kept my chin up and not "run away."

I don't really fault him for it, and I know it's total speculation on my part, but I think I personally would have done it different.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Brady's problem now is that he's starting to look like Aaron Rodgers and we know how the Aaron Rodgers story is playing out. Not good.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady's problem now is that he's starting to look like Aaron Rodgers and we know how the Aaron Rodgers story is playing out. Not good.
huh? He's behind Brett F'n Favre. Did you expect him to supplant him while he was still suiting up?

IMO, Rogers will be fine. His biggest problem will be following a legend (ala everyone who came before Cutler and after Elway in Denver).

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
huh? He's behind Brett F'n Favre. Did you expect him to supplant him while he was still suiting up?

IMO, Rogers will be fine. His biggest problem will be following a legend (ala everyone who came before Cutler and after Elway in Denver).

Yeah, he didn't exactly light it up in pre-season when he had a chance. I don't think he's that good.