Brenly deserves to be fired

piratefan

Pittsburgh Native
Reaction score
Another WebbGem blown by horrible management decisions. Mike Myers to close the 9th again Barry Bonds? Is he really this clueless?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by piratefan
Another WebbGem blown by horrible management decisions. Mike Myers to close the 9th again Barry Bonds? Is he really this clueless?

Myers historically has had a great deal of success against Bonds.
Didn't work out this time.

Basically, this thread is completely ********.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Re: Re: Brenly deserves to be fired

Originally posted by SECTION 11

Myers was brought to this club to deal with lefties (specifically sluggers like Bonds, Green, Helton, etc.) - he has failed miserably in that function, and has now proven without a doubt his spot on the roster belongs to someone else; BB was merely going with the numbers with his choice of Myers.

I hate to think Joe Jr & JC are standing pat with who we already have, but the money just isn't there for a major move, !@#$% it!!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Brenly deserves to be fired

Originally posted by IndyDback
he has failed miserably in that function

Up until today he was totally effective against Bonds.
I'm not really defending the guy, I'm as tired of seeing that hokey assed delivery as anyone, but his numbers against Bonds have been solid.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Brenly deserves to be fired

Up until today he was totally effective against Bonds.
I'm not really defending the guy, I'm as tired of seeing that hokey assed delivery as anyone, but his numbers against Bonds have been solid.

I think BB did the right thing in bringing in Myers to pitch against Bonds, but like many other times this season Myers got tagged by a LH batter, and this one cost us an important game; that single pitch could be the final nail in Myers' coffin, but who knows what BB & Joe Jr have up their sleeves right now.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
He is from El Cajon...wants to go home to play ball.
The Padres also want to get a few high priced talents aboard before they open their new park next season.... Historical precedent indicates that they'll fill a LOT of seats (the first season there).

FORKTUNG

Registered
Reaction score
No more mr nice guy

Brenly seems to be a clubhouse guy when he needs to not be swayed by the guys griping for playing time.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Brenly did not leave all those runners on base. Brenly did not forget the fundamentals and play like little league players. Brenly has a tough job of mixing the veterans who stunk up the joint with the young guys who brought this team back from the dead. Not going to be easy, but if BB can get this team through it and into the playoffs then my opinion of him as a manager will have improved.

adam

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brenly deserves to be fired

Originally posted by IndyDback
I think BB did the right thing in bringing in Myers to pitch against Bonds, but like many other times this season Myers got tagged by a LH batter, and this one cost us an important game; that single pitch could be the final nail in Myers' coffin, but who knows what BB & Joe Jr have up their sleeves right now.

He didn't have much of an alternative. Orrapessa has given up 2 HR and a double in three at bats against bonds.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Brenly deserves to be fired

Basically, this thread is completely ********.

My question is - why does a "piratefan" care about what's going on with the D-Backs?