Bryant Johnson to the 49ers

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN that Johnson signed a one year contract with 49ers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One year huh?

Ouch.

I thought he was going to be the first WR signed to a big deal.

Poor Johnson.

OP
OP
RonF

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I'm surprised myself at a one year contract. I saw the announcement on TV and there were no details as of yet.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Just saw on ESPN that Johnson signed a one year contract with 49ers.

That's a shame. I wouldn't wish Alex Smith on any receiver, let alone B.J. His wild throws are liable to get Bryant decapitated.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG, why didn't the Cards offer him a one year deal? Why didn't they trade him?
OMG!#

not.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be great, could be scary, make no mistake, BJ is good, he can help them.

Here is to hoping he doesnt!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this could go either way. I wish I could say "best of luck" to BJ. In a starters role he'll either be exposed or blossom.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't like he went to a team in the same division.
I'm not crazy about the fact he's in a Martz system.
Even though he's not great, he's better than a lot of WR's on their roster currently.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this could go either way. I wish I could say "best of luck" to BJ. In a starters role he'll either be exposed or blossom.

Yeah, but with him in a division rival I can't even wish him luck.

I always liked BJ...despite his inconsistency and skillethands.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Could be great, could be scary, make no mistake, BJ is good, he can help them.

Here is to hoping he doesnt!

He will do well and I hope he does not come back to haunt us. I guess next year he will sign a long contract with major $$$$ in it. Johnson is a good receiver. Many of you do not like him but now we will see what a change in scenery will do for him. I wish him well (except against us).

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
I'm not worried about him in SF, still need a better QB. It'll be interesting to see how he does next year. He still won't be on anyone's FF team.

AzWins23

Reaction score
Haven't the 49ers learned from the past cardinals recievers? Gilmore, McCaddley, now Johnson

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
49ers | Team agrees to terms with B. Johnson
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:55:17 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms with free-agent WR Bryant Johnson (Cardinals) on a one-year contract, according to a source. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Seeing as how the rest of the legaue didnt think much of him it will probably be exposed. He has now become one of the WR's that goes from team to team on 1-2 year contracts the rest of his career. Dont wish the guy any ill will just that he hit free agency, the whole league looked at his tapes and collectively said "no thanks".

Now he is back with Sullivan who couldnt do anything with BJ the first go around.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Here's an idea...

... instead of bashing Bryant Johnson, the deal he signed, or his new team/ QB/ head coach, why don't we discuss who the Cardinals are gonna line up instead as their #3 WR, and how big an upgrade that guy is over BJ?

I'd start the discussion, except I don't know who that better option is. :confused:

WC

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
... instead of bashing Bryant Johnson, the deal he signed, or his new team/ QB/ head coach, why don't we discuss who the Cardinals are gonna line up instead as their #3 WR, and how big an upgrade that guy is over BJ?

I'd start the discussion, except I don't know who that better option is. :confused:

WC
A WR drafted in the mid to later rounds gives me at least a couple of years of 1) equal or more production than BJ, or 2) the hope of number 1 until we have to get someone else. :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
49ers | Team agrees to terms with B. Johnson
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:55:17 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms with free-agent WR Bryant Johnson (Cardinals) on a one-year contract, according to a source. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

It will interesting to see what the figures are when it all said and done. We'll see what they think of him.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't believe Philly didn't have any interest in him. If Alex Smith wasn't such a horrible qb I'd be worried.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05