Camby won DPOY award

Tim

Reaction score
Marion didn't finish in the top 3. He'll be devastated.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion didn't finish in the top 3. He'll be devastated.

Maybe he will play some defense then. He showed why he didn't deserve it yesterday.

scotsman13

Reaction score
you know that is really funny. i have seen camby rebound and block shots but i have never not even close to it shut some one down. by the standards that camby get the dpoy award so should have charles barkley.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you know that is really funny. i have seen camby rebound and block shots but i have never not even close to it shut some one down. by the standards that camby get the dpoy award so should have charles barkley.

Yeah, Barkley had great DReb, Stls, and Blks, but couldn't actually _play_ D.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

I felt Camby was the front runner all season long and to the contrary I felt that while Marion is an OK defender his name shouldn't have even have been brought up amongst the nominees and Marion is my favorite player.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
No respect!

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 172

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
No respect!

Sounds like he has company........ (from Yahoo)

<<<But how many get to use the occasion to take a jab at fans, coaches and the commissioner for excluding him from the All-Star team?

"It's kind of ironic how I can win the award and not make the All-Star team," Camby said Friday. "The last couple of years I felt I had a great opportunity to be on that team. So, hopefully, next year with this award behind me, I can start getting some recognition about being on that team.

"It's a great honor to be on the All-Star team and I've never made it.">>>

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like he has company........ (from Yahoo)

<<<"It's kind of ironic how I can win the award and not make the All-Star team," Camby said Friday. "The last couple of years I felt I had a great opportunity to be on that team. So, hopefully, next year with this award behind me, I can start getting some recognition about being on that team.">>>

All-Star games are predicated more on offensive talents and he's got to beat out Amare, not that's out of the question.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Not bad for someone who's ripped 24/7 on this board for not playing defense.

He is? People on this board say his defense is overrated, but no one seriously accuses him of not playing it.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
<<<But how many get to use the occasion to take a jab at fans, coaches and the commissioner for excluding him from the All-Star team?

"It's kind of ironic how I can win the award and not make the All-Star team," Camby said Friday. "The last couple of years I felt I had a great opportunity to be on that team. So, hopefully, next year with this award behind me, I can start getting some recognition about being on that team.

"It's a great honor to be on the All-Star team and I've never made it.">>>

Wow, Camby and Marion are two peas in a pod, cut from the same mold, birds of a feather, long lost brothers, like minds, etc...

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Not bad for someone who's ripped 24/7 on this board for not playing defense.

He is? People on this board say his defense is overrated, but no one seriously accuses him of not playing it.

Sure they do, some quite relentlessly. Maybe those are some of the posts you don't see any more, and that's probably a good idea. I don't much like to blank out posts but my IL has gone international -- it now spans two continents.