Cardinals’ Marquis Bundy arrested for disorderly conduct

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals’ Marquis Bundy arrested for disorderly conduct

Cardinals receiver Marquis Bundy was arrested over the weekend for disorderly conduct and failing to obey a police officer.

FOX 10 in Phoenix reports that the arrest took place outside a Scottsdale club on Saturday. Police say Bundy was upset about losing his hat inside the club and police tried to calm him down.

Eventually, police say, they told Bundy to leave, he refused and yelled at them and was arrested.

Bundy made the Cardinals as an undrafted rookie last year but never made it on the field for a regular-season game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If this was a name player, no problem. I mean, I'm drunk and I want my frickin' hat. For a guy I hadn't even hear about? See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
Let's get Al Bundy RB Polk High. He scored three touchdowns in one game and hails from the Chicago area.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Not a dui or domestic violence. Just a dumb drunk moment maybe, nah never mind he's gone

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this was a name player, no problem. I mean, I'm drunk and I want my frickin' hat. For a guy I hadn't even hear about? See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Must have been a really nice hat.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A man has got to have his hat.

I'm not seeing much there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This once happened to me, except the police weren't involved and I was in Tampa. Somehow the hat ended up at the front desk of my hotel; some mysterious stranger dropped it off. The front desk recognized it as mine from the day before. I guess it was a really memorable hat.

Anyways, bye Bundy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't read anything about alcohol being involved so maybe he stays.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

yeah

he was hanging out in south scottsdale at 2:45 am selling lemonade :)

I was saying alcohol was not a legal issue.

I'm not saying he was drinking lemonade. :p

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not think this will have any bearing on him whether he makes the team or not. If he shows up in training camp and is deemed as valuable on the field, he sticks on the roster or probably practice squad... I do not think a bunch of stupid going down over a hat between him and cops really will mark him a trouble maker or a bad guy, unless he liked a female cop's hat and punched her to attain the said hat because he was doing cocaine lol

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
In my day there were 3 things you didn't mess with or even touch that wasn't yours: Another person's gun, horse, and hat.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drunk and belligerent after being given several chances to simply leave with his friends. SMH.

Cardinals receiver Marquis Bundy arrested in Scottsdale

http://arizonasports.com/story/1081134/cardinals-receiver-marquis-bundy-arrested-scottsdale/

“At about 2:30 in the morning, our officers were working in the downtown bar district outside of the International Night Club,” Scottsdale Police Sgt. Ben Hoster told KTAR News. “While the officers were observing the patrons as they were leaving the bar, they observed a scuffle, that occurred outside, involving Marquis Bundy.”

Hoster said the officers went over to try and calm Bundy down, only to learn he was under the influence and upset over a lost baseball hat.

“As they tried to calm him down he kept re-engaging the security guard, then he re-engaged and tried to get in the face of the MCSO deputies who were working at the bar,” he added. “Our officers were able to basically try to calm him down, separate him, and every time they separated him he walked back over to the officers and began to yell and scream at them.”

Hoster said officers made several attempts to convince Bundy to go home with his friends, but he continued to fight past them.

“On let’s say the fourth or fifth attempt, he was taken into custody for disorderly conduct and failure to obey a police officer,” he said.

Hoster made sure to note no one was hurt during the incident, during which officers reported Bundy showed signs of being impaired by alcohol such as bloodshot eyes and slurred speech.

“He was taken into custody, he was taken down to our jail, finger printed, photographed and released,” Hoster added.

When asked for comment, a Cardinals spokesperson said, “the matter was referred to the NFL office in New York as required under the league’s Personal Conduct Policy and we are deferring to them on it.”

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22