Cardinals 23 Seahawks 20 Analysis

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Front page...as the saying goes, "How sweet it is!" Party hearty tonight my friends! Go Cards Go!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
5. WRs Anquan Boldin (4/63/0/35) and Larry Fitzgerald (7/87/0/40) for good bounceback games as well.
Boldin had 83 yards.
7. CB Eric Green…save the unfortunate face mask penalty on a play that would have forced the Seahawks to punt (which instead led to a Seahawk TD)…Green was dynamic in this game, flying all over the place.
Also, his terrible tackling of Burleson on the TD run where he was being whirled around like a rag doll. I still like Green and believe he will continue to get better.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Boldin had 83 yards.
Also, his terrible tackling of Burleson on the TD run where he was being whirled around like a rag doll. I still like Green and believe he will continue to get better.

He touch the face mask but did not grab it. Bad call.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin had 83 yards.

Disagree, I thought he did an admirable job in trying to stop Burleson from scoring, after he initially got beat. :)

HawkRule

Reaction score
That was Holt that got completely beat. Green grabbed him but was swirled into the end zone.

Yeah but, Green laid back thinking that Holt would make the tackle. If he would have attacked, Burleson wouldn't have scored that TD.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most impressive reality? The Arizona Cardinals are winning the battles up front on both sides of the ball, and have done so two games in a row. The Cardinals HAVE a running game, yes indeed they do! And they HAVE the ability to stuff the run, and they do! Ken Whisenhunt’s focus this off-season was making this team more physical, especially in the middle and making this team more disciplined. As he said, “they weren’t disciplined and they weren’t finshing games strong.” Today the Cardinals finshed the game strong…after all, when was the last time we saw the Cardinals RUN four or five straight plays to get into field goal range and win the game? It may just be yet another…first!

This is why I have a really good feeling about this season. If we keep running the ball and are able to contain other teams RBs, we will be in every game.

Also how great is it to have a Head Coach that knows how to manage the clock.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but, Green laid back thinking that Holt would make the tackle. If he would have attacked, Burleson wouldn't have scored that TD.
It was obvious Eric needed help bringing down Burleson. I'm wondering where it was. Whatever happened to 11 guys flying to the ball?

HawkRule

Reaction score
It was obvious Eric needed help bringing down Burleson. I'm wondering where it was. Whatever happened to 11 guys flying to the ball?

Holt looked like he was about to lay the hammer down and you could see Green "let up" a little, probably fearing for his own well being and when Holt whiffed Green was late reacting.

Generally speaking, He should have went to take down Burleson himself without worrying what his teammate was going to do, but it didn't matter in the end result and I'm sure he'll get his butt chewed by Austin for his lack of focus.

edit: That was a "boom or bust" play call for your defense anyway. I believe that you blitzed 8? Maybe 7, so you were willing to give up the big play for the chance at a sack/int. Hass just laid the ball in there perfectly. Nothing you can really do about it. Even if Green makes the tackle, it would have been 1st and Goal.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken Whisenhunt’s focus this off-season was making this team more physical, especially in the middle and making this team more disciplined

Speaking of playing physical, anyone watch Lutui? There was one play where a Seattle DL fell to the ground and Lutui just came over and did a total belly flop on him. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Talk about a pancake.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of playing physical, anyone watch Lutui? There was one play where a Seattle DL fell to the ground and Lutui just came over and did a total belly flop on him. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Talk about a pancake.

Lutui is awesome and has a nasty attitude on the field. I love it.

Edge running behind Levi and Lutui is a thing of beauty.

HawkRule

Reaction score
This is how you know that you have a very good coach! In the 2nd half the Seahawks started to take it to the Cards, much like you did to us in the 1st half, but Whis never abandoned the run! He stayed with what worked for you guys and it payed off in the end.

He's no Dennis Green, but he's still pretty good!:biglaugh:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is why I have a really good feeling about this season. If we keep running the ball and are able to contain other teams RBs, we will be in every game.

Also how great is it to have a Head Coach that knows how to manage the clock.

I have to admit that I am shocked to see how effective we are at controlling the line on both offense and defense. I couldn't believe how Sendelein, Deuce and Levi were so consistently blowing out the left side of the Hawks' d-line yesterday! I mean, every time the Cards ran to their right side, the holes were enormous!!!
And on defense, our front 7 are playing the run about as well as anyone could expect. We still have huge issues against the pass, but I'm hopeful we will see improvement throughout the year.
Next week, on the road against an extremely good Raven defense will be a Huge test for our offense... This is when the Cards would historically lay an egg... Let's see just how different this team really is!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree, I thought he did an admirable job in trying to stop Burleson from scoring, after he initially got beat. :)

He didn't get beat, per se. The entire team did...Clancy included. Nate was UNCOVERED. Nobody was on him...he was left alone a la TO in 2003. We were screaming our minds out for someone to come cover him, and Matt couldn't believe he wasn't covered...quick snap and throw and Eric came over to waltz with him into the EZ.

I wouldn't put that getting beat on Eric Green, but on the entire defense breaking down.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I wouldn't put that getting beat on Eric Green, but on the entire defense breaking down.

Green had 5 full yards to make that tackle as he was getting danced into the end zone. Green didnt even try to make the tackle he was swiping at the football the whole time trying to create a fumble instead, and why it looked like they were dancing into the end zone instead of Nate dragging Green into the end zone. Green needs to learn to tackle the player and not the football.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green had 5 full yards to make that tackle as he was getting danced into the end zone. Green didnt even try to make the tackle he was swiping at the football the whole time trying to create a fumble instead, and why it looked like they were dancing into the end zone instead of Nate dragging Green into the end zone. Green needs to learn to tackle the player and not the football.

Oh, no doubt. He was auditioning for Dancing with the Stars there...I'm just saying it was a complete breakdown of the defense to leave the WR uncovered. He didn't have to "beat" anyone because there was nobody on him. At all.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05