Cardinals-Falcons to play on Monday Night?

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Other then a diehard Cardinals fan I find myself watching a lot of the Weather Channel too- haha. Hurricane Jeanne is approaching the SE Coast of the US and could make a North Florida/Georgia landfall on Sunday. If the track stays the same I wonder if the NFL will bump the Cardinals-Falcons game to Saturday like it did recently with the Dolphins-Titans or even to Monday Night which was done a few years ago with a game for some reason (can't remember). Also who would benefit from it being bumped up? I would say the Cardinals as Dunn would then most likely not play. I just figured this would make for fun conversation.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

Attachments

• jeanne.jpg
    jeanne.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 425

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe they would bump it to Saturday rather than Monday. I don't think the NFL really wants another game going against the MNF game...although this weeks game about sucks to high heaven Cowboys v Redskins.

Drinking game for Monday night: Drink every time Michaels or MAdden praise Parcells or Gibbs. Everyone should be thoroughly wasted by the start of the 2nd quarter.

spanky1

Reaction score
A North Florida landing would put a hurricane path along the coast heading towards us in the Carolina's.. You wouldn't get much other than stong winds and rain in Atlanta.......plus, they play in a Dome!

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
haha if they bumped it too monday night i can gurentee the falcons will lose. they're horrible on mnf :\

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Drinking game for Monday night: Drink every time Michaels or MAdden praise Parcells or Gibbs. Everyone should be thoroughly wasted by the start of the 2nd quarter.

Think it will take that long? Maybe if you are a heavy drinker. :D

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they bumped it to Saturday night us out of towners wouldn't be able to see the game! :mad:

OP
OP
AZCardsWin

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
I just spoke to a buddy of mine in Atlanta and they aren't forecasting any bad weather at all there.

Wizard,
Thats good to hear. Keep in touch with your buddy and keep us updated.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
On the weather channel they are talking about that storm hitting florida late Sunday night at the earliest. Can't see why it would be an issue for us.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I would hope not because NFL direct ticket would then show the game tape delayed on Sunday. That would upset me as the only reason to have NFL ticket is to follow the cards live...isn't it?????

daredevil25

The Man Without Fear
Reaction score
I HOPE not, if they did we'd automatically lose. The Falcons, as much as I hate to admit it, suck on Monday Night Football. Would help if we weren't constantly on the road whenever MNF is played.

chickenhead

Reaction score
daredevil25 said:
I HOPE not, if they did we'd automatically lose. The Falcons, as much as I hate to admit it, suck on Monday Night Football. Would help if we weren't constantly on the road whenever MNF is played.
The Falcons play inside, don't they? Bad weather shouldn't cause a rescheduling if it isn't dangerous.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
daredevil25 said:

The Cards have never, in my recollection, ever won one of those late season Saturday specials. But I think we've only lost 1 or 2 Monday nighters over the past 20 years.

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
when was the last time the Cards even made it on to prime time football? I don't recall having seen them play at night ... ever, for as well as i can think of.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
when was the last time the Cards even made it on to prime time football? I don't recall having seen them play at night ... ever, for as well as i can think of.

With the exception of the last two or so years the Cards would almost always be on at least once on Sunday night ESPN football. I dont know why they stopped?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 MNF appearances in the last 10 years. December, 1995, buddy's last game. You remember, Rod Tidwell had that great endzone catch? :)

Then in 1999, Aeneas Williams ended Steve Young's career on MNF, and that thug Lawrence Phillips ran for a huge TD against us to seal it.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Then in 1999, Aeneas Williams ended Steve Young's career on MNF, and that thug Lawrence Phillips ran for a huge TD against us to seal it.

Was that MNF? I thought that was ESPN Sunday night game??

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

I was at that game and I am certain I remember it being on a Sunday night.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Nope it was Monday Night - it was the year following the playoffs so everyone was on our jock.

We've always had one Sunday night game - usually the second week of the season up until last year when the NFL finally decided that no one but Cardinals fans should be subjected to the horror we usually have to watch -- and what a good decision under Coach Smack!

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
Shane H said:
With the exception of the last two or so years the Cards would almost always be on at least once on Sunday night ESPN football. I dont know why they stopped?
Generally speaking, i think it has to do with ratings. Noone wants to watch a bad game, and the past few years, the Cards simply haven't played well, and weren't fun to watch, save a few games (Green Bay). I know i got sick of watching them. Of course, this was before i realized i needed to be a fan. It's still REAL hard to retain my fanhood, but at least they don't SUCKsucksuck this year. Makes them more exciting to watch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Shane - don't make me question not only your football accumen but your apparent penchant for alzheimer's as well!

That game was Monday night - wanna make another "ludecrous" bet on that liek you did with 11?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shane H said:
It was September 27th, 1999 and it was a Monday night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05