Cardinals QB Murray: 'Not my job' to decide when ball goes to Harrison

The6

All Star
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's not a very fair headline to Kyler. A lot of flak is gonna head Kyler's way because of fantasy football players and gamblers.

When you read Petzing's quote (and none of these quotes are super-meaningful), he's saying that Kyler doesn't need to worry about getting certain players the ball even if he doesn't think the player is doing a good job in the game. I said it in another thread, but Kyler gotta get outside his feelings and execute the offense.

4.7 YPA is the bigger problem and likely a reflection of how Kyler feels about his outside options at the moment. MHJ and Michael Wilson combined had one more target than James Conner. The combined for 80% fewer yards than Greg Dortch.

Awful.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
God, how depressing. Sounds like Kyler is being micromanaged/babied so he only has to think at a minimum. Does anyone think a guy like Mahomes or, to be fairer, Allen, has to check in with his OC to get a vibe for who needs to get the rock? Um, no. No, I don't think so.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why you guys keep insisting Murray can be a top QB is beyond me. Despite his draft position, everything about his pro career has screamed mediocrity.

This is a little off-topic, but we don't need Kyler to be a top 5 QB. It will be really hard to break into the class of Mahomes, Lamar, Herbert, and Allen. But maybe he can peak into that conversation?

He needs to consistently appear among tier 2 QBs like Dak, Stafford, and Cousins. That would be huge.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You literally just read the headline & nothing else, didn’t you? @The6

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Whether it’s his job or not, Kyler’s not going to win many games if he doesn’t take a few shots downfield. 3 & 4 yard passes just will not get it done. Opponents will give him that all day, all the while bringing their corners closer to the line to kill the running game. A robust passing game and holding onto the ball are his responsibility. (And I did read the article.) Cards had 2 players who averaged double digit passing average; Bills had 11 players who averaged more than 10 yards per catch.

Last edited:

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Click Bait.

That being said, the best QBs do what is needed to win. Regardless of playcall/what defense is giving you. Big part of that is getting the ball in the hands of your best playmakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(2023) Lamar Jackson: TDs - 24 passing - 5 rushing (29) NFL AP MVP

(2020) Kyler Murray: TDs - 26 passing - 11 rushing (37)
stats in ONE season from 5 YEARS AGO definitely say that Kyler can be a top 5 QB? LOL. okay.

that season is sadly, a total anomaly in his career. He's never come close to putting up 4000 yards and 26 TDs passing and 800 yards/11 TDs rushing again.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
stats in ONE season from 5 YEARS AGO definitely say that Kyler can be a top 5 QB? LOL. okay.

that season is sadly, a total anomaly in his career. He's never come close to putting up 4000 yards and 26 TDs passing and 800 yards/11 TDs rushing again.
Eh.. in 2021 he was on pace for 5000 yards in total offense

In fact with Hopkins I believe he was on pace 4700/4800 yards passing instead of the 4500 he was on pace for.

Long time ago, different system, different K1?, but I'd say people hold onto from a couple seasons from years ago.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh.. in 2021 he was on pace for 5000 yards in total offense

On pace… give me a break thru 7 games. There were TEN more to play, but he missed time from injury as usual and when he came back from a sprained his ankle, he wasnt just not as good as he was, he was ATROCIOUS.

And even that was 3 years ago.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On pace… give me a break thru 7 games. There were TEN more to play, but he missed time from injury as usual and when he came back from a sprained his ankle, he wasnt just not as good as he was, he was ATROCIOUS.

And even that was 3 years ago.
No...through 14 games.

Kyler averaged 300 YPG in 2021. Really dont want to get into breaking down that season. But the only times he was ATROCIOUS was the playoff game and the Lions game (cause they were bad)...without his #1 wr as well. Kirk/suddenly washed AJ Green/Rondale Moore.

The point is a young QB averaging 300 YPG with a 100 passer rating.... No matter how its cut up yea people are going to think that guy has that kinda potential. Especially back then.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No...through 14 games.

Kyler averaged 300 YPG in 2021. Really dont want to get into breaking down that season. But the only times he was ATROCIOUS was the playoff game and the Lions game (cause they were bad)...without his #1 wr as well. Kirk/suddenly washed AJ Green/Rondale Moore.

The point is a young QB averaging 300 YPG with a 100 passer rating.... No matter how its cut up yea people are going to think that guy has that kinda potential. Especially back then.

Oh yeah? How about the stink bomb against the Rams where he cheesed his passing stats with a meaningless late drive while throwing 2 INTs and O TDs, at home, getting embarrassed again? Or how about that sterling performance against Indy team missing 10 starters, at home, when given the chance to clinch a playoff spot with a nifty QB rating of 52 and leading the team to a pathetic 16 points?

Trying to sell that idea that Kyler didn’t suck down the stretch, while given the opportunity again and again to clinch a playoff berth is whitewashing history to a degree that would make any politician blush.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13-4 record and lost to the Chiefs by one TD in the AFC Championship Game.

8-8 record and missed the playoffs.
2-5 record down the stretch, 0-2 chances to clinch the playoffs, one against an absolutely PATHETIC Niners team missing pretty much everyone during an injury marred 3-13 season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser