Cardinals sign JJ Arrington

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Arrington signed

Per Dennis Green on ESPN this morning.

Said he signed this am, just in time for camp.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cardinals Agree To Terms With J.J. Arrington

Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals today announced that the team has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with running back J.J. Arrington, who was the team’s second-round (44th overall) selection in the 2005 NFL Draft. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

azcardinals.com

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals Agree To Terms With J.J. Arrington

Tempe, AZ – The Arizona Cardinals today announced that the team has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with running back J.J. Arrington, who was the team’s second-round (44th overall) selection in the 2005 NFL Draft. In accordance with club policy, terms were not disclosed.

The Cardinals now have six of their seven 2005 draft picks under contract agreement. The lone exception is cornerback Antrel Rolle, the team’s first-round selection.

Last season at the University of California, Arrington was the only back in the country to top 2,000 rushing yards in and also gained the most yards by a Pac-10 rusher since Marcus Allen of Southern California totaled 2,427 yards in 1981. He collected All-American and Pac-10 first team honors in addition to being named as a consensus first team choice by The NFL Draft Report, Associated Press, The Sporting News, Football Writers Association, Sports Illustrated and ESPN after leading the nation in rushing by carrying the ball 289 times for 2,018 and 15 touchdowns.

Originally enrolled in College of the Canyons Junior College for his first two seasons of college, Arrington finished his California career with 396 carries for 2,625 yards and 20 touchdowns in 25 games (13 starts) over the past two years. He was also the only college player to rush for 100+ yards in every game of 2004.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Thank yoy Rod. This is not your daddy's Cardinals. Lets get Rolle in camp now.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great news! I'm warm and fuzzy this morning...oh, wait, nevermind--I'm hot and sweaty.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
Great news.
IMO the stop watch and tape dont tell the story of Mr Arrington.
THere is an instinctive nature to his style of play. I caught a couple of his games last year on TV and he really stood out to my untrained eye.
He reminds me of another 2nd rounder who was thought to be to small for a first round pick and who proved many wrong, Thurman Thomas.

Give em Hell Mr. Arrington

Hasta La Vista

GBR 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan