OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Howard Balzer

@HBalzer721

6-2, 235, Ole Miss D4 Panthers 2018. Became UFA in March. No team since then. Played 71 games in 6 seasons, 2 starts. 14 career sacks. Turned 30 in December, so becomes 6th player on current roster 30 or older, including Dennis Gardeck, who turns 30 on Friday.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721

6-2, 235, Ole Miss D4 Panthers 2018. Became UFA in March. No team since then. Played 71 games in 6 seasons, 2 starts. 14 career sacks. Turned 30 in December, so becomes 6th player on current roster 30 or older, including Dennis Gardeck, who turns 30 on Friday.
Championship!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Certainly not a needle mover, but had productive college career and has the same number of career sacks as Gardeck in about half as many games. Earned a second contract with Carolina before what I assume was injury filled 2023 (only played 7 games).

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
don’t know much about him but hopeful he can surprise all of us with a good year given the opportunity. Looks like MO will wait until 2025 draft to upgrade Edge position. Offense is more complete and still could use some tweaking next year, but the defense still needs several upgrades of talent across all levels with Edge and run defense main focus.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Theo Mackie
@theo_mackie
·
6m
Haynes has been a rotational piece for the Panthers for the past six years. He has 14 career sacks, with a high of five in 2022.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Certainly not a needle mover, but had productive college career and has the same number of career sacks as Gardeck in about half as many games. Earned a second contract with Carolina before what I assume was injury filled 2023 (only played 7 games).
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope this is just a temporary fill while Monti starts to work the phones. This defense could be a Chandler Jones type of acquisition away from being average to go with a possibly above average offense.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL. Monti going with the Ice Spice model. More butt to hopefully distract from the lack of talent.
He hawked Kyler one time. Maybe the plan is for him to do the same vs CMac
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really hope this is just a temporary fill while Monti starts to work the phones. This defense could be a Chandler Jones type of acquisition away from being average to go with a possibly above average offense.
No chance, teams dont usually deal out their superstar pass rushers after the draft. The draft pick return the dealing team would get from a trade today is the same they would get from making that trade next March. Maybe if Reddick truly can't get a deal done with the Jets?

On a positive note the 2025 draft is supposed to be loaded with pass rushers.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No chance, teams dont usually deal out their superstar pass rushers after the draft. The draft pick return the dealing team would get from a trade today is the same they would get from making that trade next March. Maybe if Reddick truly can't get a deal done with the Jets?

On a positive note the 2025 draft is supposed to be loaded with pass rushers.
You don't think the Chargers would move on from Mack, who is in the final year of his deal and have a new GM and coach? That is just one off the top of head.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You don't think the Chargers would move on from Mack, who is in the final year of his deal and have a new GM and coach? That is just one off the top of head.
Normally I would think they would have moved him by now if that was the plan. But Mack is 33 and I doubt any other team would want to give him a new deal, so maybe we would have a shot.

Mack is the kind of player a superbowl contender trades for before the deadline. I really hope we dont give up anything significant to rent him for a season, and I would hate if we gave him a new deal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally I would think they would have moved him by now if that was the plan. But Mack is 33 and I doubt any other team would want to give him a new deal, so maybe we would have a shot.

Mack is the kind of player a superbowl contender trades for before the deadline. I really hope we dont give up anything significant to rent him for a season, and I would hate if we gave him a new deal.
100% on no new deal. I'm not sure what draft compensation should look like though.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I can only hope that this is one of many moves to come regarding our edge room.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser