Cardinals Signed J.R. Redmond!!

AzWins23

Reaction score
Cardinals | Redmond Signed
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:32:38 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have signed RB J.R. Redmond (Raiders) to a one-year deal. Financial terms have not been disclosed.

Bye Bye Hambrick!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll take redmond over hambrick any day. I believe he can catch out of the backfield.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Oh, cool!

Welcome back to JR!

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Nice

I new I was keeping the old #21 ASU jersey for a reason. I just didn't know that reason until now.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This means we won't have that big, bruising back for a goal line push that we had with Hambrick. Question is does that matter? Does that mean that maybe Hodgins will get some carries or does it mean with the manueverability of JJ and the straight ahead power of Shipp, we don't need a power back?

Whatever, I'd be the last to question this coaching staff. Good luck JR. and glad to have you back home. :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Totally_Red said:
I see he returned 8 kicks for Oakland. Maybe he is a candidate for special teams?!?

Doubt he makes it on the team as a kick returner. He didnt do to well in those 8 tries last year.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont like him as a RB all to much, but he does have really good hands and is a pretty good reciever out of the back field.

I think we are going to see a lot of playaction passes to the RB in the flat this year. All of our RB's and FB's can catch.

Shipp, JJ, and Femi can handle the goal line and short yardage duties hopefully.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought the story simply indicated that JR Redmond had signed with the Cards. Where, may I ask, is the story that says Hambrick has been released?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He still has to make the team, so I am going to hold off on welcoming him back to SDS until he is on the opening day roster.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
I thought the story simply indicated that JR Redmond had signed with the Cards. Where, may I ask, is the story that says Hambrick has been released?

You are correct. But we were at the roster limit I thought, so JR May have agreed to sign a contract but cant sign it until we make a cut. So we should be hearing about a cut sometime very soon.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
He'll be very lucky to make the team, but he has a chance if Hambone gets cut.

Devision

Rookie
Reaction score
He will make the team, he already is the best return man on the roster and fits the bill as the 3rd down back. The Cards need a back on 3rd down that can catch and being a vet picking up blocking assignments...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Devision said:
He will make the team, he already is the best return man on the roster

Well then you dont think to highly of any of the other prospects on our roster becuase if there is one thing that JR isnt, thats a return man. He has a grand total of 12 tries at it in 5 years with a small 20 yard average. Boy do I hope he wasnt brought here to be our return man.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
At least he will have fresh legs since he has less than 70 rushing/receiving attempts the last three years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
At least he will have fresh legs since he has less than 70 rushing/receiving attempts the last three years.

It's obvious that he was signed to provide the "veteran leadership" and "instruct" J.J. Arrington in how to play the game. After all, the guy has a Super Bowl ring. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan