Cards Conclude Team Organized Workouts

Jim O

Reaction score
Cards Conclude Team Organized Workouts

You must be registered for see images

Thursday’s morning practice concluded three weeks of voluntary team organized workouts and the atmosphere at Cardinals Camp was similar to the last day of school. Even after extra running at the end of practice, there was that excitement for the long awaited summer break that got most of the players clearing the field in a hurry.

Read More...

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like good progress is being made. The little blurb at the end of article on Hambrick, reads:

The only no show for all three weeks of workouts was running back Troy Hambrick. Green said he has not spoken to Hambrick since the first week.

“I don’t have to be concerned about anything,” Green said when asked about Hambrick’s absence. “We only have a few guys guaranteed to make our team and that would be based on salary cap. If we’ve got a guy with an eight million dollar acceleration, he’s pretty much going to be here but we only have five guys like that. The rest of it, I’m open. That’s the kind of program we want to establish. That is my mindset. The best way to show you should be one of the members of the team regardless of what position is not just be here, but be here and do a good job.”

Good bye, Hambrick, nice knowing you.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
He's gone. Sucks cuz you can never have enough good RBs. I don't like any of the scrubs behind JJ and Shipp.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Hamprick is not needed on this team. He is selfish and and not a good locker room guy. See ya Jerky!

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

the fact that that quote is on the Cards official site tells me that the front office is backing Green's attitude.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I bet he's overweight. He knows the second DG sees his fat arse he's done on this team. DG had to wait a month for Hambrick to get to playing weight during the regular season last year. No way he gets that chance again. It seems like a pretty hard and fast rule with Green. You show up out of shape, pack your bags.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
The irony is...

...Denny could miss a few meals himself.

Come on Dude, drop a few pounds and take care of your health. We may want you around for a while.
:thumbup:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hambrick truly puzzles me. All indications were that he showed up in great shape and performed well at mini camp. I really thought he was going to push Shipp for the #2 spot. It is unfortunate that the same old Hambrick finally showed up. Maybe he was upset that JJ reminded him of a young Emmitt or that Shipp has a healed ankle. What a tool. Some people amaze me at what they are willing to throw away. It is for the best. He didnt deserve #22. Save that for a runningback with the same work ethic and attitude as Emmitt. Maybe JJ will switch.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RedViper said:
I bet he's overweight. He knows the second DG sees his fat arse he's done on this team. DG had to wait a month for Hambrick to get to playing weight during the regular season last year. No way he gets that chance again. It seems like a pretty hard and fast rule with Green. You show up out of shape, pack your bags.

He looked way slimmer and fitter at the fanfest day in May, so I don't think he could've gone downhill that quickly. Something else is going on. I think the odds are he won't be around come September. But, you never know until you know. We just don't know why he wasn't here. My guess is he figures he does not have a shot at many carries here.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Coach Green says;

"If you are a player, make sure it is obvious to me that you are a player. If you are not playing like you are a player, you sure don’t want me to realize that.”

“I think we are further advanced. I don’t think I’ll be frustrated with our offensive productivity like I was every single day last year whether it was training camp or the season. I think I’ll continue to see improvement in our offense. I don’t think our special teams will give up the big play at the worst possibly time like last year. I think those are all things we think we are better suited for. I think we are a better team than we were at this time last year.”

And I like what I'm hearing.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read Dennis' comments on Hambrick a bit differently.

I think Green is saying - "When you show up for camp, if you can show me you can play, you'll have a good shot at making this roster. But if you can't, you're gone.

The proverbial handwriting on the wall suggests that Hambrick - by his absence - will have fallen way behind the rest of the team. Logically, therefore, he will suck at camp and then "cut himself."

I doubt the following will happen - but in the outside eventuality Hambrick was able to magically show up and play better than the other RB's during camp and preseason, I could see him making the final roster.

To me, the biggest news out of the OTA's can be found in the body language of the guys interviewed about how they plan to spend the next 6 weeks between OTA's and Camp. Almost to a man (& without prompting), they indicated that, after a week or two of family stuff, they wanted to remain focused on the upcoming season & staying sharp and in shape.

The cliche - that an essential part of becoming a consistent winner has to do with "believing you can win" - is rooted in reality. It's human nature to back off a little if you don't think the extra investment in time and effort will pay off. Conversely, when you believe success is in sight, you tend to bear down even harder and do extra work because you can smell the red meat.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The thing about Hambrick is that he's always had issues. He walked out of Raiders camp last year, but seemed to be rejuvenated slightly when he came to the Cards with more opportunity. Maybe he's lost his confidence or desire.

If he's a problem, Cards will cut him because they don't want to deal with any more bad attitudes.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
He looked way slimmer and fitter at the fanfest day in May, so I don't think he could've gone downhill that quickly. Something else is going on. I think the odds are he won't be around come September. But, you never know until you know. We just don't know why he wasn't here. My guess is he figures he does not have a shot at many carries here.

If Hambrick shows up in August in shape and ready to go, he will be the #3 back. He is only an injury away from being #2 and who knows how many carries the #2 back will get in the mix.

After Hambrick, the Cards have no RB with any real NFL experience so I can't see Green cutting him unless he shows up out of shape and with a bad attitude. If he was in shape in May, I bet he'll be in shape and ready to play in August.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If Hambrick is indeed on the outs.

Are we really comfortable having Croom/Scobey as the #3. I know I am not.

If no Hambrick what about brining in a FA such as a Tyrone Wheatley. Power back in the mold of Hambrick and has some catching ability.