Cards Saints Game Thread

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
For some reason I think we actually win this game.

Brees main two weapons in his patented 14 play 80 yard drive time killer will not be playing in this game. Bush(was his main target with 80 receptions on the season so far), and his 3rd favorite target down the middle Eric Johnson who is also having a good year with almost 50 catches at the TE spot, they are both out. I think that makes them more of a one dimensional team with their bread and butter now being Colston over the top, which will be hard for them to do know with their 2 underneath targets out of the game. Also gives Dansby more of a chance to attack since his top 2 coverage responsibilities are not playing.

Also Warner and Edge in a dome is Warner and Edge at their best. Faster Surface means Edge gets to the holes faster before they close up. He will still have a LB in that hole but at least it wont be a DL.

We shall see.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Yes! I am geared up and ready! The Cardinals could win this game; it is BIG but it won't be EASY!

This game, like every game, is a test on the progress of this team. It is also a good test of our coaching staff.

Rookie head coach against 2nd year head coach. Who wants it more?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For some reason I think we actually win this game.

Brees main two weapons in his patented 14 play 80 yard drive time killer will not be playing in this game. Bush(was his main target with 80 receptions on the season so far), and his 3rd favorite target down the middle Eric Johnson who is also having a good year with almost 50 catches at the TE spot, they are both out. I think that makes them more of a one dimensional team with their bread and butter now being Colston over the top, which will be hard for them to do know with their 2 underneath targets out of the game. Also gives Dansby more of a chance to attack since his top 2 coverage responsibilities are not playing.

Also Warner and Edge in a dome is Warner and Edge at their best. Faster Surface means Edge gets to the holes faster before they close up. He will still have a LB in that hole but at least it wont be a DL.

We shall see.
Good points.

You also touched on what I figure to be a big factor. Bush and Johnson have been Brees' safety valves all season. Like you said, Dansby's coverage responsibilities have been cut down drastically with those two not playing. IMO we have to go after Brees all day now. His dumpoffs will be far less dangerous without Bush catching them, and if we give him much more than 3 seconds Colston and Co. will be in the endzone with the ball. Depending on our success with the blitz IMO, we will either sack Brees 7 times or they will put up 35+ on us through 3 quarters.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy did we need that

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Time to let Dansby go. He's too inconsistent and will cost too much money.

Injury prone slacker.

:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did they just run up the middle 3 times in a row?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kick the damn FG. Get the points on the road.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow nice lol I thought they ran the ball great job by Warner