Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I 've seen people get ripped here for liking the first Charlie's Angels and I just have one question to ask? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH STYLIZED ACTION, HUMOR AND THREE SMOKING GIRLS IN A MYRIAD OF DIFFERENT OUTFITS MUGGING FOR THE CAMERA? Nothing! It's popcorn fluff at it's peak and Full Throttle is nothing short of the dumbest, most over-stylized, fun movie of the summer so far. Did the plot makes sense? No - do you expect it to? Demi Moore is ridiculously hot and even turns in a pretty good turn as the heavy. Jesus - I sound like a school boy, but hey, free drinks, on the Sony lot and a private screening with some of the most kick ass sound I haveever heard - how could you go wrong?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charlies Angels would be the worst movie ever made if it starred 3 guys instead of 3 girls.

The only redeeming thing about the first movie was Bill Murray, and he had the good sense not to waste his time making a second one.

Sure, it has tits and ass...but I can look at that for free and not waste 2 hours of my life.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My least favorite scene in the first movie.

The oriental chick is fighting Scary Thin Guy (or whatever rediculous name they had for him).

He tosses her out of a third story window. She lands on cement and gets up completely unscaved. I mean, not a bruise...not a scratch...not even a bit of dirt on the clothes.

In the meantime, the other girl is talking on her cell phone to her boyfriend and fighting at the same time...

Put it this way...that idiot movie that makes fun of cheesy martial arts called Kung Pow has more realism to it than Charlies Angels.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Realism???? You want realism from Charlies Angels??? Whoda thunk it. A troupe of three hot as **** ex cops work for a man theyve never met before and defy gravity every time they get in a fight. No way. I cant believe its not realistic!

To be honest, I HATED this film the first time I saw it. I thought it was trying WAY to hard to be hip.

But then I watched it again, and then again.

The movie is hilarious. A purposefully campy romp full of meaningless silly dialogue, unbelieveable action, T and A, and fun fun fun. Anyone who doesnt like that film is either A. Expecting WAY to much from a film thats more fairy tale than action film or B just too serious about the genre.

The action genre in general is a total joke, so when a film comes around and thumbs it nose at the seriousness of it, I absolutely LOVE it.

Charlies Angels gets 2 thumbs way the hell up. ANd I aint even seen the 2nd one yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
I 've seen people get ripped here for liking the first Charlie's Angels and I just have one question to ask? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH STYLIZED ACTION, HUMOR AND THREE SMOKING GIRLS IN A MYRIAD OF DIFFERENT OUTFITS MUGGING FOR THE CAMERA? Nothing! It's popcorn fluff at it's peak and Full Throttle is nothing short of the dumbest, most over-stylized, fun movie of the summer so far. Did the plot makes sense? No - do you expect it to? Demi Moore is ridiculously hot and even turns in a pretty good turn as the heavy. Jesus - I sound like a school boy, but hey, free drinks, on the Sony lot and a private screening with some of the most kick ass sound I haveever heard - how could you go wrong?

Why not just watch the tv series?

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I'm not a bit Lucy Liu fan, but they really did a nice job on her booty in that pic. :D

My preference of the three is Cameron. But hey, if they came a knockin, well, they'd only have to knock once. ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob Chebat
I'm not a bit Lucy Liu fan, but they really did a nice job on her booty in that pic. :D

My preference of the three is Cameron. But hey, if they came a knockin, well, they'd only have to knock once. ;)

They really did some horrible photoshop work on Lucy Liu. She looks like a damn robot on that cover shot.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
They really did some horrible photoshop work on Lucy Liu. She looks like a damn robot on that cover shot.

Yeah, they CGI in Shrek just wasn't as good as Pixar....oh wait, we're not talking about that?

:)

Mike

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score

Kelly Hu would have been a much better 3rd Angel, but oh well. As for Lucy, to quote Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate...

"She's got a great ass! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle

Why not just watch the tv series?

Cause they aren't ten feet tall and Demi Moore ain't in 'em. Some of you guys want reality? The movies are camp-spoofs of the genre. I also wouldn't even see Charlie's Angels when it first came out because I thought it was going to be horrible, but I was wrong - total camp fun - and I thought the worst part of the movie was Bill Murray - he was horribly misued and his character's writing was awful - didn't think much for Bernie Mac either in this one - they just don't know how to let those two geniuses do their work.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What I don't get is the same people that go to see these types of movies are the same types that complain about the standard "Hollywood" movies with no story, no acting, and no style.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is the same people that go to see these types of movies are the same types that complain about the standard "Hollywood" movies with no story, no acting, and no style.

Yah - that's a head scratcher as well, even for me because I'm pretty critical of most movies - thing is, with a movie like this - I know I'm supposed to turn my brain off and in doing so, my brain never hurts, because this movie was so over the top, you couldn't take it seriously for even a split-second - I mean some people in the movie just burst into flames for no reason! It's pure escapism at it's dumbest and most entertaining peak and doesn't prtetend for a second to be anything else.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yah - that's a head scratcher as well, even for me because I'm pretty critical of most movies - thing is, with a movie like this - I know I'm supposed to turn my brain off and in doing so, my brain never hurts, because this movie was so over the top, you couldn't take it seriously for even a split-second - I mean some people in the movie just burst into flames for no reason! It's pure escapism at it's dumbest and most entertaining peak and doesn't prtetend for a second to be anything else.

That's why, to me, it isn't worth seeing when taking into account everything that goes into going out to movies... (ticket prices, food prices, cell phones, etc.)

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why, to me, it isn't worth seeing when taking into account everything that goes into going out to movies... (ticket prices, food prices, cell phones, etc.)

To be honest - I probably wouldn't have gone out and sought this movie out, but when you're offered free drinks, free food and a screening on the lot - are you gonna say no? Hell it's the only reason I ever saw XXX - Now that movie hurt my brain, no matter the free drinks and chinese dumplings served before hand.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To be honest - I probably wouldn't have gone out and sought this movie out, but when you're offered free drinks, free food and a screening on the lot - are you gonna say no? Hell it's the only reason I ever saw XXX - Now that movie hurt my brain, no matter the free drinks and chinese dumplings served before hand.

Well, when it's free, then that's a different story. I'll pretty much see anything if I can see it for free... :D

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, when it's free, then that's a different story. I'll pretty much see anything if I can see it for free... :D

Amen to that! Did I see on an earlier thread that you had 975 DVDs?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amen to that! Did I see on an earlier thread that you had 975 DVDs?

And they most assuredly were NOT free! (well, some were)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22