Cinci's Going to Jack the Draft Up For AZ

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Cinci takes Newman with the first overall pick, it makes me uncomfortable with the chances of being able to draft Suggs or Robertson. It does seem to make it likely that Leftwich will be there, but the Cards are saying they won't take a QB and I tend to believe them (didn't someone say "we already have our QB of the future...?;) ).

I really hope if we're not going to take leftwich that we can trade out of that spot and either get two 1st rounders, or mid-first round and another second round pick.

I wouldn't want to see us take any DL other than Suggs or Robertson with that pick, nor would I want to draft a WR with it. I also think it's too early to take Trufant or Woolfolk (although I would love it if we could trade down and get either one of those two).

And furthermore, and possibly the most distressing part of cinci jacking around with the draft, is I have no idea what to do with my "Draft Challenge" picks.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I don't think it would make a difference. Detroit and Houston will take not a QB and then it would be hard for Chicago NOT drafting Carson Palmer.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by BACH
I don't think it would make a difference. Detroit and Houston will take not a QB and then it would be hard for Chicago NOT drafting Carson Palmer.

But would Chicago rather have Palmer who has played in the Southwest where the weather is nice or Leftwich who has played in cold weather?

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not my point, though. With Newman off the board, that's one less blue-chip defensive player that won't be there for the any of the teams ahead of us, making it more than likely Suggs and Robertson won't be there for us.

If the Bengals would take Palmer, then I would feel better about one of those guys remaining on the board until #6.

It doesn't seem to matter if Palmer AND Leftwich are on the board--I don't think we'll take a QB (although I think we should--and my preference is Leftwich).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22