Clockwork Orange

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
This movie was realeased in 1971. A Stanley Kubrick production starring Malcolm McDowell.

It apparently stirred-up quite a controversy for it's time, I wonder which is more controversial 'Passion of the Christ' or 'Clockwork Orange'.

I can't believe they actually aired that on the Space Channel a few weeks back. It was at one time X-rated, & apparently is was banned in England up until 2000

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clckwork Orange is absolutely one of the worst and most annoying pieces of garbage ever put on film.

I really dont know hwy it was so controversial either? No way that film should have ever garnered an X rating.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clckwork Orange is absolutely one of the worst and most annoying pieces of garbage ever put on film.

You're kidding right? This is right up there with some of the best films i have seen - it's pure genius from kubrick.

What kinda films do you rate - eraser/timecop/charlies angels etc. etc?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not that it's bad, but Shane is the most commercial of movie fans. He loves pretty much anything that comes out of the big-budget Hollywood. :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by the3rdside
You're kidding right? This is right up there with some of the best films i have seen - it's pure genius from kubrick.

What kinda films do you rate - eraser/timecop/charlies angels etc. etc?

Nope Im not kidding! I rate many different tyepes of movies.

Oh and Chap that cant be true because I didnt like Timecop or Eraser :p

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not that it's bad, but Shane is the most commercial of movie fans. He loves pretty much anything that comes out of the big-budget Hollywood

As suspected... :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Nope Im not kidding! I rate many different tyepes of movies.

Oh and Chap that cant be true because I didnt like Timecop or Eraser :p

No, but you did like The Butterfly Effect and Point Break! :D

And you DIDN'T like Swimming Pool and 21 Grams... :p

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
No, but you did like The Butterfly Effect and Point Break! :D

True.

But I also loved the The Pianist, Schindlers List, etc.... Independent films such as Spun, Dirty Pretty Things, etc..... So I consider myself very diverse!

:D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by the3rdside
As suspected... :D

So Mr. film expert what exactly do you consider great film work?

Because A Clockwork Orange certainly isnt it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H

Because A Clockwork Orange certainly isnt it.

Ah, but that's just your opinion, Mr. Hollywood. Hey, THAT'S what the "H" stands for!! :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Ah, but that's just your opinion, Mr. Hollywood. Hey, THAT'S what the "H" stands for!! :D

Exactly.

Just as any movie you dont like is also nothing more than an opinion.

But when Im called on the carpet for not liking an extremely nausiating movie like a clockwork orange I will respond in kind.

:D

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So Mr. film expert what exactly do you consider great film work?

I don't profess to be an expert i just know trash when i see it :D

Having a top three/five/ten for films is hard cause there are so many good ones and, having an opinion on movies is always going to bring about criticism. But, there's no judging matters of taste or however the hell that saying goes.

In no particular order, I like Memento with guy pearce, Seven with brad pitt and morgan freeman (though i haven't seen it in years), Reservoir Dogs and Pulp fiction, Usual suspects was good, the ring was cool for the scary factor, Fight Club was awesome, Trainspotting I liked, Clockwork Orange is right up there, Donnie Brasco was pretty rad ( i really want to see those other depp movies though i can't remember their names) ummmm what else...

The hate (l'haine); a french film; ****in rocks, two hands (heath ledger) was alright, Once were Warriors (New Zealand film), Four Rooms (tarantino again), Cinema Paradiso, a Beatiful Life, Jackie Brown was rad (SJ i dig), a Rasta film called Rockers is cool, Clerks and mall rats were cool (jason lee is an ex pro skater by the way ICYDK), The Matrix of course, Shawshank Redemption, the classics like Apocalypse now, Platoon, The godfather, Scarface etc etc, Braveheart, The Mad max series and so on and so on - christ i feel like i could go on forever. I can't remember anything else at the moment though i know i've left out a bunch of goodies...