Cub fans think we have the worst announcers

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
sutton is pretty over the top sometimes. i hate when he yells.

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
Sutton is awesom, him and grace make watching the games fun.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Love Sutton, love Candiotti. Cannot STAND 'Vanessa' and that doofus guy that they have on the Jumbotron -- she has about the most annoying voice I've ever heard, and I don't see why women have to look at a loud ugly fat guy when the men have all the blonde cheer-persons.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Grace is great, Sutton is hot or cold, he just gets a little emotional and he is kind of a dork.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard Ron Santo? He has been through a lot with his diabetes and all, but he is terrible as an announcer.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I like Sutton, he seems like a true fan of the game. Plus, they're Cubs fans, so I really don't give a :soapbox: what they think of our team.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Love Sutton, love Candiotti. Cannot STAND 'Vanessa' and that doofus guy that they have on the Jumbotron -- she has about the most annoying voice I've ever heard, and I don't see why women have to look at a loud ugly fat guy when the men have all the blonde cheer-persons.

Apparently they're going to replace the Jumbotron with an even bigger one. What's the point? Do they ever show replays? :lame:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Grace is amazing. We were spoiled with Brennaman, but I think Sutton is doing a good job. I love his enthusiasm. Yesterday when Valverde pitched out of his jam, Sutton went nuts. I actually kind of liked it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grace is amazing. We were spoiled with Brennaman, but I think Sutton is doing a good job. I love his enthusiasm. Yesterday when Valverde pitched out of his jam, Sutton went nuts. I actually kind of liked it.
brennaman isn't so good,imo.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
cub fans are a disgrace to the baseball world. They throw garbage on the field .....they throw balls back on the field.....they attack their own players......they are historically just a bunch of drunk frat boys and paris-hilton wannabe's.....

No one outside of "cub-nation" appreciates or respects those fools.....so i wouldnt take anything they say as serious, knowledgible, or BS.

they pee in troughs for cryin' out loud.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cub fans are a disgrace to the baseball world. They throw garbage on the field .....they throw balls back on the field.....they attack their own players......they are historically just a bunch of drunk frat boys and paris-hilton wannabe's.....

No one outside of "cub-nation" appreciates or respects those fools.....so i wouldnt take anything they say as serious, knowledgible, or BS.

some cub fans are like that. Especially the drunks at Wrigley. But my 84 year old grandmother who has like the Cubs since 1942 doesn't really fit your description. :)

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score

Yep, and I had 10 of them sitting right behing me yesterday. Like someone else said, for a team that hasn't won a world series in almost a century, you'd think their fans would be a bit more humble.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Chicards11 is speaking like a true Southsider & yes it would take one to know one. As far as peeing in troughs the Phoenix/Arizona Cardinal fateful like myself were doing it up until last season. I'm just glad the D-Backs took 2 ouuta 3 from the whining Northsiders though I'm sure they'll blame a goat, a black cat, Leon Durham or Steve Bartman anyway.... losers! :p

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chicards11 is speaking like a true Southsider & yes it would take one to know one. As far as peeing in troughs the Phoenix/Arizona Cardinal fateful like myself were doing it up until last season. I'm just glad the D-Backs took 2 ouuta 3 from the whining Northsiders though I'm sure they'll blame a goat, a black cat, Leon Durham or Steve Bartman anyway.... losers! :p
Excellent post. Southsiders can't say too much about Cubs fans attacking the team, but I guess Southsiders just attack old guy opposing coaches from behind or get beat up attacking umpires. :)

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
Excellent post. Southsiders can't say too much about Cubs fans attacking the team, but I guess Southsiders just attack old guy opposing coaches from behind or get beat up attacking umpires. :)

Kudos my good man.....however......the "gentleman" who attacked Laz Diaz was a cubs fan.....born and raised northsider. In fact his wife the next day siad on the radio" i dont know what the hell he was doing over there anyway he hates the sox".......this was shortly before the suspect did an interview for the tribune in his Mark Grace Jersey.

Except for your grandmother of course.....MOST cub fans are simply unintelligent, mindless drunks and there just arn't many people that like 'em....plain and simple. They're loud, obnoxious slobs.......cant wait to see them blow it again this year

Put it on the Board......YES!

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weren't these two Chi Sox people too:

You must be registered for see images attach

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cubs had Harry Carey. The only thing that would've completed that picture is if Carey had ever been teamed with Yosemite Sam.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos my good man.....however......the "gentleman" who attacked Laz Diaz was a cubs fan.....born and raised northsider. In fact his wife the next day siad on the radio" i dont know what the hell he was doing over there anyway he hates the sox".......this was shortly before the suspect did an interview for the tribune in his Mark Grace Jersey.

Except for your grandmother of course.....MOST cub fans are simply unintelligent, mindless drunks and there just arn't many people that like 'em....plain and simple. They're loud, obnoxious slobs.......cant wait to see them blow it again this year

Put it on the Board......YES!

True, my brother in law, while normal in most respects, got thrown out of Wrigley last year, along with his brother, for throwing things onto the field. I don't think he remembers most of it. Too funny.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
Weren't these two Chi Sox people too:

You must be registered for see images attach

yup......but if your trying to say that that happens all the time youre obviously mistaken. This sort of thing is documented more at wrigley than at any other ball park. Like I said, between the garbage throwers, throwing balls back, the racial slurs at their own players (jaque jones), jumping their own players (bob howry, Randy Myers), and the drunken debotchery.....I think the cubs have this market cornered. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup......but if your trying to say that that happens all the time youre obviously mistaken. This sort of thing is documented more at wrigley than at any other ball park. Like I said, between the garbage throwers, throwing balls back, the racial slurs at their own players (jaque jones), jumping their own players (bob howry, Randy Myers), and the drunken debotchery.....I think the cubs have this market cornered. :)
I forgot about Bobby Howry. I heard a funny quote from an old Chicago sportswriter who said most Cubs fans at Wrigley miss the first three innings taking naps between the pregame drinking and the last six innings of drinking.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
sutton is alright, no thom brennaman, but i like him MUCH more than i thought i would. and grace is THE best. if i could get him doing the games on radio i would go to WAY more games. he makes the games more fun. and to cubs fans? still bitter about mark? haha who knows maybe they will win the world series this century.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score

I'm sorry but Candiotti is just awful. Really boring and he always refers to the team as "we". If I'm not mistaken, Candiotti isn't out there playing, so I don't know why he feels like he is that much a part of the team.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ah but the one satisfaction I & us other Southsiders or former Southsiders have is "2005 World Series Champions" where as the Northside has... oh yeah... "1908 World Series Champions".... since then nothing but excuses, curses & you know...... losing. "99 years of utter futility for your baseball dollar!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05