Dan Williams

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weighed in at a slim 314lbs and passed the conditioning test on the first try for the first time in 3 years. Good stuff!!!! Go getem Dan!!!

:)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't call him Dumpster Dan this year.

Down 36 pounds before training camp. That is awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great news.

So freaking pumped for football!!!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that's like a 10% weight loss pretty impressive.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting on the stout meltdown about our NTs being to light between him and Eason its a heart attack waiting to happen ;-)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can't call him Dumpster Dan this year.

Down 36 pounds before training camp. That is awesome.

Don't say that...never say that! LOL He is our Dumpster Dan, and it is a complimentary name.

Waiting on the stout meltdown about our NTs being to light between him and Eason its a heart attack waiting to happen ;-)

Nah. Eason is in the 280 range now, and Carter isn't a big plugger. At 315, Dumpster Dan is still a run stuffer, and that makes me :D

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weighed in at a slim 314lbs and passed the conditioning test on the first try for the first time in 3 years. Good stuff!!!! Go getem Dan!!!

Saw this on facebook yesterday. Good news for sure! Can't wait to get up to Flag and see him in person!

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sounds like good news but, I’m waiting until the real reason behind it comes out. No one just loses weight because the team thinks it’s good for them, what leverage did the Cards have in forcing this. Dumpster Dan must have an ulterior motive!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like good news but, I’m waiting until the real reason behind it comes out. No one just loses weight because the team thinks it’s good for them, what leverage did the Cards have in forcing this. Dumpster Dan must have an ulterior motive!

Umm Yea the ulterior motive is he's taking his job seriously now and actually putting in some effort??? :shrug:

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Umm Yea the ulterior motive is he's taking his job seriously now and actually putting in some effort??? :shrug:

Sounds like a little jab at someone that was positive that there was some hidden reason for Adrian taking a paycut.

Glad to hear Dan isn't following in Lutui's footsteps.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How about he's tired of being fat and embarrassed going into training camp every year.

Good grief. I lost 35 lbs in the last four months, and being tired of being fat and embarrassed was my reason. No one was holding a gun to my head.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Ron Wolfley said, some of his team mates took him aside during ota's and said we're counting on you to be a big part of the defence next year, blah blah blah.......

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about he's tired of being fat and embarrassed going into training camp every year.

Good grief. I lost 35 lbs in the last four months, and being tired of being fat and embarrassed was my reason. No one was holding a gun to my head.

I know what you're saying man. I haven't lost as much as you, but few months back I told my wife I was getting out of shape and she said, "You're a shape, you're a round shape." :(

I'm not surprised by Williams weight loss. I expect even more. If you have even an ounce of pride you're going to bust ass to play pro football when you have the opportunity.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been watching some replays of the games from last season and Dan Williams plays much better than some here claim. He just does not get moved from the middle like so many of our interior lineman from prior years. Which is exactly what you want from a 3-4 NT. I sure hope losing the weight doesn't turn him into a Russell Davis or Brian Robinson. Dumpster has the lower body mass to make it work though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've been watching some replays of the games from last season and Dan Williams plays much better than some here claim. He just does not get moved from the middle like so many of our interior lineman from prior years. Which is exactly what you want from a 3-4 NT. I sure hope losing the weight doesn't turn him into a Russell Davis or Brian Robinson. Dumpster has the lower body mass to make it work though.

Exactly. Dumpster Dan was a perfect beast in the middle of that defense last season, and will continue to do so this season. I'm quite confident of that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stout, remember last year he weighed about 20 lbs. more. He's now probably too light to anchor the middle.(insert smiley face)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

During an interview on KTAR (IIRC) Whiz talked about Dumpster Dan's weight. Overall he was thrilled with the shape he is in and when asked if he was too light Whiz responed that could be the case but it's very easy for the big guys like Dan to gain weight so he isn't concerened.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05