Darling out 2 weeks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
who the hell starts now, mitchell? whoa.

do we slide huff over the middle and start blackstock? again, omg.

crap.

michigancardsfan

Michigan fan
Reaction score
Who knows Blackstock could be like Dansby last year that would be nice to see

sometimes those young guys can really do something because they are fighting for a spot and they are down but if they cant the chance who knows

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Uh Oh, this looks bad. Maybe DG will start Mitchell and then we could all say we are starting four from out draft class.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Geez, what is it about playing in the middle on ether offense and defense that gets you injured this year?

I'm willing to bet that Mitchell will be in the middle. I'll be praying that he steps up and looks like the monster that played at OU.

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Geez, what is it about playing in the middle on ether offense and defense that gets you injured this year?

I'm willing to bet that Mitchell will be in the middle. I'll be praying that he steps up and looks like the monster that played at OU.

I bet we pick up Pierce recently cut by the Donkeys @LB.

OP
OP
Jttsaz

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Jttsaz said:
According to the Denny Green show...will add a MLB
DG did say they had a player in mind who they've had their eye on for some time who has played in the same scheme....

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Start your best 3 linebackers.

Dansby at SLB, Huff at MLB, and Blackstock at WLB. Huff's a hitter, and I'd love to see him inside, at least temporarily.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Start your best 3 linebackers.

Dansby at SLB, Huff at MLB, and Blackstock at WLB. Huff's a hitter, and I'd love to see him inside, at least temporarily.

I'd like to see Huff in the middle too but the coaches like to play him outside. I bet we will see a replacement in the middle first.

I'm just glad Darling is only out 2 weeks. I was worried he might be gone for the year like Hodgins. This team can't afford to lose Darling.

spanky1

Reaction score
Listen up everyone......regarding bringing in a replacement for J. Darling......ain't going to happen. If we had depth concerns prior to Darling's injury, we would not have let Towns go. I don't see a better MLB kicking around than Towns at this point.

If we are concerned about E. Johnson as an MLB (and we should be, he's an OLB if anything) move Huff back for a game or two and start Blackstock at W/OLB.

or.........let's bite the bullet and throw Mitchell into the fray......you know, baptisim by fire. Sometimes an opportunity surfaces that a rookie just grabs by the throat (Dansby replacing Hayes last year at S/OLB).

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are not going to bring in some guy from a car wash to start this Sunday.

The seemingly logical approach, at this moment, is to to move Huff over (he played the position for the Seahags last year) backed by Lance Mitchell, with either Johnson or Blackstock at WLB. The alternative is to give Mitchell his first start at MLB.

spanky1

Reaction score
One negative about moving Huff back inside is that he dropped 10 lbs. to get a little quicker to play the outside. He might not have the stamina to play front and center as MLB.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards ought to start Mitchell. I don't like shuffling the deck too much this early--even after such an abysmal preformance against the run.

spanky1

Reaction score
I'm reading that Green has said that Huff will be Darling's replacement (see thread about "Green still positive about running game".