David Akers

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What happened to Akers yesterday? He is usually money. Wow.

Uh... could it have been the effects of 72,000 screaming maniacs at UoP??? According to the Iggles posters here, it couldn't be... but me thinks differently!!!

;)

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh... could it have been the effects of 72,000 screaming maniacs at UoP??? According to the Iggles posters here, it couldn't be... but me thinks differently!!!

;)
How about when the football fell off the tee due to the noise?

I think that rattled Akers.

I mean I think it was the refs.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
it looked like his holder dropped the ball on the extra point. and on the field goal he kicked it all sideways. the ball falling off the tee due to noise was amazing.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the refs for getting Akers back for running in a TD against the CArds in SDS back in the day.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Meh. He missed a long FG (standard NFL kicks) and it was a terrible hold on the extra point. Laces in.

Still money but the guy gets older every year. His existing playoff record was the only reason it was noteworthy.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. He missed a long FG (standard NFL kicks) and it was a terrible hold on the extra point. Laces in.

Still money but the guy gets older every year. His existing playoff record was the only reason it was noteworthy.
That kick out of bounds looked like Neil Rackers and not David Yackers.

:)

Now we are piling on, RG. Sorry.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

And then he kicked the ball out of bounds after a Cards penalty on the extra point??
I know... he wasn't used to kicking from that point on the field... ;)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After playing in cupcake stadiums like the Metrodome and Giants stadium, filled with soft, pansy fans, he just wasn't ready for U of P. He cracked under the pressure of a truly hostile environment.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

How do you spin him missing the PAT?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you spin him missing the PAT?

He slipped in the urine that was running down his leg. It's the equipment man's fault for not having him in a pair of Depends.

BCEagle

Registered
Reaction score
Possibly injured by that roughing the kicker play? The depth and quality of his kickoffs dropped off noticeably after that.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Possibly injured by that roughing the kicker play? The depth and quality of his kickoffs dropped off noticeably after that.

Judging from the way Reid lit him up like a Christmas Tree when he walked to the bench, I would say not...

;)

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is true, it was payback for the craptastic late hit on Warner by Dumps. (I think it was Dumps.)

:)

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I've seen him hit a 64y FG in practice, and he has been near automatic the last few seasons, so I'm thanking the football Gods for intervening :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05