Dbacks vs. Padres series thread

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Webb takes on Wells in the first game of this short series.

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
I like our chances tonight. Webb has yet to really show his true self this year, and I think tonight is where he pitches a good game. Boomer far past his prime and we should have no problem knocking him around the yard tonight. Let's take advantage of the large gaps and start running the bases better.

diamondbacker

Reaction score
Good game for Webby in store - pitchers park, and this team is tailormade to be able to crank out gritty runs in pitchers parks rather than go for a big fly like years past whhich hurt them at pitchers parks like Petco, RFK, Dodgers Stadium, AT&T, etc.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Should be a good one. Neither pitcher has gotten good yet, but Wells' ERA is bad right now and the Dbacks need to win this one so yeah, shoulg be good.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Cool, Tony Gwynn is one of the announcers for the Padres on MLB.TV tonight. I love him. I remember when he used to announce some for ESPN. He's probably my favorite player of all-time up to this point. I think someone from the current generation will probably take him over for my favorite of all-time, but I think guys should have to be retired to be considered for my favorite of all-time. It was a lot of fun watching Tony hit growing up, he was a great hitter to watch for kids growing up. Perfect swing.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Small ball and it is 1-0 Diamondbacks.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Small ball and it is 1-0 Diamondbacks.
That's the way you gotta do it at Petco. Home run style teams such as the Reds typically don't do very well at Petco. I kinda wish we played our home games there, our team suits that park very well.

Either way, let's keep it going and make up for that nasty sweep to the Dodgers :bang:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Webb has settled down and it's still 1-1 going to the 5th. Nine K's for Brandon.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
He's looking a lot better tonight. Hopefully he can keep that up and our guys need to get some runs for him!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game is going to be the fastest in Diamondback history if they continue at this pace.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, they need to score. Bases loaded and no outs. Come on CoJack!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05