Denny & R. Graves are to blame

Lomax15

Reaction score
I agree with Mitch in his assessment of yesterdays game. How is this team better than the one Denny took over? We are 2-4 and soon to be 2-5. We all complained that Coach Mac didnt replace and hired some very ineffective assistants. So Denny comes in and hires an O.C. who had no previous experience, a former player to coach the O-Line who had no previous coaching experience. And look at our offensive line, our LG should be a backup at best, our RG should not be starting yet due to his inexperience and in his brilliance our backup OT has no previous experience playing the position. Switching Wakefield is fine, but dont have him as your top replacement. Who exactly would play LT when Leonard Davis goes down with an injury? Wakefield? Its pathetic that we are still almost 6 million under the cap when R.W. McQuarters was sitting there for the taking this summer. He would have provided veteran experience and depth to the secondary and would have been a good replacement for JR Redmond at punt returner. There was also plenty of money to sign K. Vincent of the Steelers or C. Coleman of the Bucs although neither are going to the Pro Bowl they are both better alternatives than what we have on the roster and last week Graves says there is no urgency in using this years cap money to sign Rackers. This teams only pro bowler this year. This organization remains pathetic. Watch the Cardinals place the Franchis Tag on Rackers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You have some good points there, but we have many other Pro-Bowl caliber players IMO:

Boldin
Fitz
Dansby
Berry

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Lomax15 said:
Its pathetic that we are still almost 6 million under the cap

last week Graves says there is no urgency in using this years cap money to sign Rackers.

First we were at closer to 5 mill when the season started, second becuase of all the injuries (11 guys on IR) we have had to bring up more players from the street and PS to the 53 man roster, which cost money beucase you still have to pay your IR guys some cash and the PS guys make more if in the 53 man roster. Thats why most teams try to keep a injury fund of close to 1.5 mill. its insurance for injuries. So with that we are actually sitting on about a little more then 2.5 mill. left.

As for the rest, I am not sure that was Graves who said that. I am pretty sure that statement was made by Rackers agent.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lomax15 said:
I agree with Mitch in his assessment of yesterdays game. How is this team better than the one Denny took over?

Because for the past two years we have been competitive, something we were NOT under Mac in that last year especially. Half a hundred points being hung on you on the road in one game isn't anything to look back on fondly.

We are 2-4, but could just as easily be 4-2. The fact that that's even ARGUABLE is enough to show me that the team has improved under Denny. This isn't a quick fix...we have decades of losing and losing well under our belts.

Keep the hooks backstage and relax.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Lomax15 said:
I agree with Mitch in his assessment of yesterdays game. How is this team better than the one Denny took over? We are 2-4 and soon to be 2-5. We all complained that Coach Mac didnt replace and hired some very ineffective assistants.

Well, I will ask you this...tell me the talent we have been able to draft/sign since Green took over isn't better than what we had under Mac/Tobin. Green took over one of the least talented teams in the NFL in large part because of failed drafts and lack of signings due to the last coaches we had.

You don't think Dansby, Dockett, Fitzgerald, Berry, Okeafor, Rackers, Macklin, Rolle, Green and Huff are upgrades to what we had on the roster? All those players were signed or drafted since Green took over.

I think they are underachieving, especially on the O-Line(80% of this teams problems lie there IMO) but to say they aren't a better team is ignorant.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
The quality of the coaching staff may have been dictated by Bidwill's revenue problems. A guy with no experience will work cheaper than an experienced guy with a good reputation. If this explanation is the case I dont think it is choice but is neccessity for a revenue strapped team. This is the only NFL team to post a loss last year in net income. Bidwill is paying out of his own pocket for some of the expenses. If you were him wouldnt you try to find ways to cut expenses? Plummer has not thrown an interception in 21 quarters. I attribute that at least partly to better coaching.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan