DeSanana Diop

sunsfn

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about this guy? I have not followed Cleveland much at all.
7" 280 is hard to teach! (unless you are very lazy)

Is he a stiff?
At the end of last year you could have got him for a 2nd round pick.
Two years ago I watched a game and he moved very good.
It appears that Silas did not like him.

He is a restricted free agent.

He has been in the league 3 years and is 25 years old.

You must be registered for see images
#52. DeSagana Diop
Height: 7' 0"
Weight: 280 lbs.
Position: Center
College: Oak Hill Academy HS (VA)
Born: 30th January, 1982
Experience: 3 Seasons

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
Does anybody know anything about this guy? I have not followed Cleveland much at all.
7" 280 is hard to teach! (unless you are very lazy)

Is he a stiff?
At the end of last year you could have got him for a 2nd round pick.
Two years ago I watched a game and he moved very good.
It appears that Silas did not like him.

He is a restricted free agent.

He has been in the league 3 years and is 25 years old.

#52. DeSagana Diop
Height: 7' 0"
Weight: 280 lbs.
Position: Center
College: Oak Hill Academy HS (VA)
Born: 30th January, 1982
Experience: 3 Seasons

I don't think he was available for a second round pick at any point. If so, he would have been snatched up quickly.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I don't think he was available for a second round pick at any point. If so, he would have been snatched up quickly.

Joe Mama

Actually I did not read that, but some articles said that they were trying to trade him and could not. They wanted to clear cap space for signing free agents.
When silas was there you probably could have traded a 2nd round pick for him. Silas almost refused to play him.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diop is a classic unachiever. He has shown NOTHING since entering the NBA.

If you want an underachiever who has had a few moments, there is always Loren Woods who will be a free agent this summer. He started well for the Raptors last fall and then just fell apart.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Actually, he's only 23 years old and he's quite a good shot blocker. A couple of years ago he was doing fairly well in limited playing time then he got injured and nothing's been heard from him since. Believe it or not, back then he was being mentioned with Dalembert. I would say he's worth a little investigation...

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
He's pretty good besides the whole 'not having any idea how to play basketball' part... give me Voskuhl any day.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
goldseraph said:
You must be registered for see images attach

:)

Actually Diop is quite agile and a good running big man. The problem is injuries and supposedly intelligence. If he could be had for a minimal price he would probably be worth grabbing. There are other players out there though..

Joe Mama

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was comtemplating a deal with Cleveland the other day and this guy is the question mark in the transaction. There was an article in the Arizona Republic that stated the Suns promised Amare that they would add some muscle to the front line so that he would not have to take such a beating, this guy could be a part time answer at center with Hunter.

One way to take Cleveland out of the Joe Johnson bidding war is to make this offer.

Q

for

Diop (S&T)
Luke Jackson
Tractor Traylor

Diop and Tractor will definitely add some muscle. If the Suns can rescue Hunters career they may be able to resesitate Diop's.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
This guy has had stress fractures in his feet. He's injury prone, not worth the risk.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Q may not of played great in the playoffs but trade him for that garbage? no thanks. Q was a big part of our 60 win season and you only trade him for a guy who can help you inside.

asudevil83

Reaction score
coloradosun said:
I was comtemplating a deal with Cleveland the other day and this guy is the question mark in the transaction. There was an article in the Arizona Republic that stated the Suns promised Amare that they would add some muscle to the front line so that he would not have to take such a beating, this guy could be a part time answer at center with Hunter.

One way to take Cleveland out of the Joe Johnson bidding war is to make this offer.

Q

for

Diop (S&T)
Luke Jackson
Tractor Traylor

Diop and Tractor will definitely add some muscle. If the Suns can rescue Hunters career they may be able to resesitate Diop's.

Q for garbage isnt the right step for this team.

Traylor would be ridiculous in our offensive scheme. Diop is worthless. he's got size but absolutely no skill. and just because he was once mention in the same sentence as Daly doesnt mean he's worth trading for. Daly got good, this guy still sucks. Jackson wouldnt be worth more than McCarty.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

coloradosun will make any and all trades for Q. He thinks he's worthless. :confused:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Doesn't matter.

coloradosun will make any and all trades for Q. He thinks he's worthless. :confused:

Hehe, Ive noticed that too. I say, leave the starting 5 together. I dont know much about this Diop guy, but he doesnt look great. I think if Hunter adds 20lbs like he is talking about, that will help the front line a good deal. Also, I think w/ a training camp and more time to earn D'Antoni's trust, McCarty could be a great fit in our system- it just seems like he never found his place. He is big, can run, and can shoot (when he gets his minutes).

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really doubt that McCarty will stay. He gave the Suns an experienced backup for their playoff run, but hasn't shown much.

My guess is that Jake will use his player option and leave, Bo will look for a team that will play him, and McCarty will be asked to use his player option (per agreement prior to the trade). Of the bottom 4, Shirley has the best chance of staying because he's really cheap.

Today's Republic noted that a number of players have privately contacted the Suns showing interest in playing in Phoenix. I suspect the Suns will clear the decks and bring in guys who could make a differnce next season.

fordronken

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Today's Republic noted that a number of players have privately contacted the Suns showing interest in playing in Phoenix. I suspect the Suns will clear the decks and bring in guys who could make a differnce next season.

No, that's not what it said. It said something along the lines of how Colangelo had heard through the grapevine of players who have expressed interest of playing for the Suns. I believe that direct contact about playing for them could be construed as a breach of conduct.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diop's not worth the minimum payout it would take to land him, but considering the Suns' bench production this year, I'd rather have an unproductive 7-footer than an unproductive 6-6 swingman on the bench. Call it ... a reasonable gamble.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan