Digital Camera

knivez

Reaction score
Hey I need a digital camera so if you have a good one post away and the price thx

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Yeah I need one too. Maybe even a digital camcorder.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I paid a lot of money for my camera a year back and LOVE it. Sadly the prices have gone way down but I would still recommend my camera to anyone that wants a nice Digital SLR.

I have the canon EOS digital SLR. It is a 6.3 mega pixel and the lens can be changed with any other canon EOS camera (which is mainly the reason I bought it). I have never had a bad image from this camera and because it is SLR you can manipulate the F-Stop and Aperature as you would a normal camera. It is MUCH more versital than any normal digital camera...

Here is a link...

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=9430

As with any digital camera you will have to also buy mermory for it.
I would recommend that you spend the extra money and get the 2gig card with it. Not only can you hold 2000 on the best quality that the camera has but there is also a function that will allow you to take up to four photos within a second if you have the larger card (1 or 2 gig)... It is great for sports (swining of a bat or kicking of a ball)...

I can send some photos if you want to see some... Just PM me...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
So many cameras to chose from and all do different things. Narrow it down to what size pics you want to print and you can narrow down your megapixel range. Narrow down what types of pictures you want to print, and you narrow down how much zoom you need.

OP
OP
K

knivez

Reaction score
green machine said:
So many cameras to chose from and all do different things. Narrow it down to what size pics you want to print and you can narrow down your megapixel range. Narrow down what types of pictures you want to print, and you narrow down how much zoom you need.

I don't know what size...maybe one that i can change the size of the image. I just want a all around good camera i guess one that doesn't lag while taking images, like takes it when you click. I never got the megapixel thing. I don't want a huge one, one that can fit ion the pocket

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Have three, thinking about selling one, but I still absolutely love it and it may be worth more to me that anyone would be willing to pay...

Nikon CoolPix 775

OP
OP
K

knivez

Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
Have three, thinking about selling one, but I still absolutely love it and it may be worth more to me that anyone would be willing to pay...

Nikon CoolPix 775

How much are you lookiing for on it? and are all three cameras the same kind or what

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Circuit City's ad had one this week for $99. Kodak 3.2 megapixel with a free 128k memory card after rebate.

Inexpensive, easy to use, fits in your pocket, etc. Just check the weekly ads.

Maybe the 4th of July ads will have a good deal? :shrug:

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
knivez said:
How much are you lookiing for on it? and are all three cameras the same kind or what

No, I have three, which obviously it too many for one person... All are Nikon, I believe the Nikor lense is just far superior to all of the other ones... The 775 is the lowest one on my totem pole so if I were to get rid of one it would be that one...

I also have a CoolPix 995 and a CoolPix 7900 which I want sell... However BIM's post is pretty much why I probably wont sell... It is worth more to me than 99 bucks, even as a back up to the two others... And I know you can get so many more out there for change...

I would want a couple of hundred bucks and I know you can find something new from another manufacturer for half that...

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Mine Is ranked third and at 1/4 the cost.... :)

You must be registered for see images attach
Canon EOS 350D Digital Rebel XT8.0--$828.71
Check Prices
Canon EOS 20D8.3--$1,368.12
Check Prices
Nikon Coolpix 79007.13.00x$356.51
Check Prices
Canon PowerShot SD500 Digital ELPH7.13.00x$456.08
Check Prices
Nikon Coolpix 88008.010.00x$839.81
Check Prices
Nikon D706.1--$1,069.56
Check Prices
Fujifilm FinePix F106.33.00x$346.64
Check Prices
Olympus Camedia C-8080 Wide Zoom8.05.00x$547.33
Check Prices
Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel6.3--$727.16
Check Prices
Olympus Camedia C-7070 Wide Zoom7.13.00x$427.85
Check Prices

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
A 3.2 isn't gonna get you a great 8x10 photo if you want one of those. As far as lag, any digital that's not an SLR will have some measure of lag simply because it won't take the picture until it's focused, being an auto focus camera. Next time you go into a store, play with a camera or two...When you press the button to take the picture, you'll see the lag. After that, take another picture, but lightly press the button down about half-way. This will cause the camera to focus on your subject. A little green light or so will appear when it's focused...after that (while still holding the button half way down) press the button the rest of the way, and then you'll have your picture.

OP
OP
K

knivez

Reaction score
green machine said:
Next time you go into a store, play with a camera or two...When you press the button to take the picture, you'll see the lag. After that, take another picture, but lightly press the button down about half-way. This will cause the camera to focus on your subject. A little green light or so will appear when it's focused...after that (while still holding the button half way down) press the button the rest of the way, and then you'll have your picture.

Do you have to do that for cameras not SLR???

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
knivez said:
Do you have to do that for cameras not SLR???

With SLRs you don't have the lag in between, but with regular digitals you do. I've found using the spot focus method works for me with my camera, especially if I want to take pictures of someone or something that's moving.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the Canon 20D for my wife. It's freaking Amazing!

I bought it with the 17-85 lens. Very expensive but well worth it.

OP
OP
K

knivez

Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I just purchased the Canon 20D for my wife. It's freaking Amazing!

I bought it with the 17-85 lens. Very expensive but well worth it.

how expensive?