Does Any of It REALLY Matter for ASU?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In regards to NIL, conference alignment and transfer portal?

I really am beginning to wonder if it will ever matter for the Devils at this point

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will never have the NIL money to even compete with the tier 2 teams let alone the blue chip programs

If the PAC survives, maybe they can scratch and claw once every 15-20 years. Moving to Big12, if that is even a realistic option, provides a landing spot in a dissolving landscape but probably no better records

ASU will be a portal supplier for their best home grown players and will constantly be reloading with lesser transfer portal players.

I am still all in on ASU but I fear the writing is on the wall at this point

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will never have the NIL money to even compete with the tier 2 teams let alone the blue chip programs

If the PAC survives, maybe they can scratch and claw once every 15-20 years. Moving to Big12, if that is even a realistic option, provides a landing spot in a dissolving landscape but probably no better records

ASU will be a portal supplier for their best home grown players and will constantly be reloading with lesser transfer portal players.

I am still all in on ASU but I fear the writing is on the wall at this point

What does the writing on the wall say?

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does the writing on the wall say?
What I think it says is:

If the PAC ultimately survives, it will end up being nothing more than a Group of 5 quality conference as I think no matter what happens, Oregon and Washington will end up bailing.

I think it says ASU and their ilk are really just going to end up being higher level feeder teams for the top 2 tiers of college final teams and it will be an annual battle to play in the New Mexico Bowl.

I wonder if, in the coming world of two super conferences, there is any space for the ASUs of the world. And even if there is it likely makes them a slightly higher than Vanderbilt level of team. (Maybe I am being slightly harsh with the Vanderbilt comparison but maybe not)

To this day I still hear the sleeping giant narrative and I used to firmly believe in that concept but I no longer believe that.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I think it says is:

If the PAC ultimately survives, it will end up being nothing more than a Group of 5 quality conference as I think no matter what happens, Oregon and Washington will end up bailing.

I think it says ASU and their ilk are really just going to end up being higher level feeder teams for the top 2 tiers of college final teams and it will be an annual battle to play in the New Mexico Bowl.

I wonder if, in the coming world of two super conferences, there is any space for the ASUs of the world. And even if there is it likely makes them a slightly higher than Vanderbilt level of team. (Maybe I am being slightly harsh with the Vanderbilt comparison but maybe not)

To this day I still hear the sleeping giant narrative and I used to firmly believe in that concept but I no longer believe that.

Could very well be.

But for me personally, I don't have much confidence in crystal balls.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
What’s your bar? If it’s a natty then no it doesn’t matter. The disparity of money has gotten so extreme that PAC teams basically have no shot.

If it’s being a competent, winning, and entertaining program that fans and alum can be proud of then sure.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In regards to NIL, conference alignment and transfer portal?

I really am beginning to wonder if it will ever matter for the Devils at this point

Lane Kiffin with some pointed remarks on this yesterday

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Video at 1:53 here:

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Manchin-Tuberville bill proposal? Hard to imagine that the three-year transfer restriction would stick, among other things.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Manchin-Tuberville bill proposal? Hard to imagine that the three-year transfer restriction would stick, among other things.

There is a second bipartisan bill out there dealing with this as well. Apparently that one is more athletes centric while this one is considered more institution centric. Corey Booker is one of the crafters of that bill. There is another Dem and then someone from Kansas.

I understand Ted Cruz has one as well

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not sure this is really true? Seems like a lot of notable non-Pac 12 Power 5 voices, like Nick Saban (a buddy of Manchin) have spoken out against the status quo.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

On brand from Tuberville...rules for thee....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05