Dominic Thiem brushes aside Daniil Medvedev at US Open to reach fourth grand slam final

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dominic Thiem will try to make it fourth time lucky after winning a physical battle against Daniil Medvedev in the semi-finals of the US Open. Thiem will take on Alexander Zverev in his fourth slam final having lost twice to Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros and to Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open in January. He very nearly won that one and he will surely believe this is finally his time after a 6-2 7-6 (7) 7-6 (5) victory over Russian Medvedev, who served for both the second and third sets but could not shake off Thiem. Thiem said: "After the first set I think it was great tennis from both of us and I could have been two sets to one down. Tie-breaks are really mentally a tough thing. I don't like them at all really. I'm really, really happy to be through." The pair had been comfortably the most impressive performers in the men's tournament through to the last four, with Medvedev having not dropped a set.

Continue reading...