Duncan v. Gramatica

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I vote for Al Del Greco.

Either that or bring back Kevin Butler so we can a full complement of single bar face mask kickers.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
How 'bout we keep both:

Duncan - kickoffs
Gramitica - FG's

Yeah! Then we can do double kicker kickoffs! You know, one guy faking the onside kick...or maybe really onside kicking it! While the other guy runs up to kick it deep...or not!

Gee..why does that sound familiar? ;)

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
I vote for Al Del Greco.

If you want to get an old kicker, at least get the best one the Cards ever had - Get Bakken! (If ya don't know, look at the stats. It isn't close!)

Pete

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
When I saw Duncan up in Flagstaff, I thought he would beat out Gramattica. Then, during preseason, Duncan looked like crap.

Duncan had more distance on kicks, but seemed to crack under pressure, which is really bad for FG kickers.

Also, Gramattica was recovering from his injury. I'm hoping that he was able to add some more strength and improve on last years bad performance.

Right now, I would rather take the shorter legged, but more acurate Gramattica over Duncan.

But based on last years performance, there are very few NFL teams that had worse kickers. I would bring in another college free agent and start looking for a replacement kicker.

If they don't improve on last year, both should be gone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I agree. Gramattica cracked under pressure. I just can't forget the game (Dallas?) where he missed like three field goals that could have won us the game but we managed to get a field goal in overtime to win. Pathetic.