Dune

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Plot Summary

* Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy
* Tagline: A spectacular journey through the wonders of space and the mysteries of time, from the boundaries of the incredible to the borders of the impossible.
* Plot Outline In the distant future, a man appears who may be the prophet that a long-suffering galaxy has been waiting for.
* Plot Synopsis: In the far future, a duke and his family are sent by the Emperor to a sand world from which comes a spice that is essential for interstellar travel. The move is designed to destroy the duke and his family, but his son escapes and seeks revenge as he uses the world's ecology as one of his weapons.

I recently watched this. What an odd movie, it definitely had David Lynch written all over it. This one was a little too weird for me. I enjoyed watching it, but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

I had always thought the guy who played Orson Hodge on Desperate Housewives looked familiar. I guess I recognized him from Blue Velvet.

Sting was flippin hilarious in this. He was a skinny dude.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I liked this movie...I can't believe their is an extended version, though, the original was long enough.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I had always thought the guy who played Orson Hodge on Desperate Housewives looked familiar. I guess I recognized him from Blue Velvet.

Dude's name is Kyle MacLachlan. My sister dated him a couple of times. I also beat up his cousin in junior high. Not a smart move, since his uncle (Chris's dad) was a judge. Me and his cousin ended up being pretty good friends by high school.

Kyle however...

It was a pretty big deal in our hometown when "Dune" was released. Everyone went to see it on opening night. No one really went to see that film after that. It died fairly quickly in theaters if memory serves.

Not long after it's theatrical run, ol' Kyle was brought in to speak to the student body about the evils of drug use, and the necessity to stay in school. He probably shouldn't have been all hyped up on coke, but who am I judge?

Any whoo, he went from being a Drama nerd to complete Hollywood jackass...complete with the "Mike Reno" sweatband, and matching leather Ferrari jacket and pants!

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
I am currently reading the series (on Children of Dune [the third book]). From what I have heard, the movie butchered the book; but I would recommend the Dune miniseries... it was actually pretty good.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I liked this movie...I can't believe their is an extended version, though, the original was long enough.

No kidding. I watched the extended version and it seemed to just drag on and on.

It died fairly quickly in theaters if memory serves.

Cool story Ken. Yeah, it didn't do well at the box office. $27 million on a budget of $45, which was huge for the time. I think I read it would translate to $100 million in today's dollars.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of my favorite movies of all time even though it is generally disliked especially by those involved in it. I particularly like the extended version.

I didn't really care for the mini-series though(felt they made Paul too much of a pansy).