Euro 2024

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Gareth Southgate always stepping on his own feet with his lineup stubbornness.
Greg berhalter vibes on roids over the pond. I can’t believe they haven’t moved on from Southgate by now. Alan Shearer basically eluded to that today at BBC, that southgate is not getting the best out of the squad. England also have young players sitting on the bench waiting, but we know they may never get a shout with southgate.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
England has been an absolute joke as the favorite pre-tourney. With the amount of talent they have it's crazy that they're so impotent.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
England has been an absolute joke as the favorite pre-tourney. With the amount of talent they have it's crazy that they're so impotent.
I want to see England do well. But, I'm where I'm always at with England and their players. they are always overrated. they have some players like Bellingham and Foden who do great things with their clubs, but yet they can never put it together with the national side. I don't know if it is pressure or that they just don't enjoy themselves out there. that's why I think they need a fresh voice, but maybe this early struggle will be their "wake up call"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Greg berhalter vibes on roids over the pond. I can’t believe they haven’t moved on from Southgate by now. Alan Shearer basically eluded to that today at BBC, that southgate is not getting the best out of the squad. England also have young players sitting on the bench waiting, but we know they may never get a shout with southgate.
Shh, we don't want England to get rid of Southgate. He holds their side back, and I don't want England to hire Howe away...unless he falters again this season, then you can fire Southgate :)

Stout

Reaction score
I want to see England do well. But, I'm where I'm always at with England and their players. they are always overrated. they have some players like Bellingham and Foden who do great things with their clubs, but yet they can never put it together with the national side. I don't know if it is pressure or that they just don't enjoy themselves out there. that's why I think they need a fresh voice, but maybe this early struggle will be their "wake up call"
I actually always root against England and hope they never win a tournament. They (including their fans and pundits) are so arrogant and always talk about them being one of the best in the world, and they deserve to win, and blah blah blah. Just rubs me the wrong way.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I actually always root against England and hope they never win a tournament. They (including their fans and pundits) are so arrogant and always talk about them being one of the best in the world, and they deserve to win, and blah blah blah. Just rubs me the wrong way.
I’m in London right now and can personally attest to this.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Are you saying it’s not Comin ‘ome?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I didn't see it that way when I lived there. they are bi-polar if nothing else. they are very negative. they have 2 faces. one is the realistic we can't win anything face. the other is when they win a couple of games against the nations who are at their level, and then they have some pints and get full of themselves. so they are basically the same as dallas cowboys fans. They had a Euro all but handed to them in the last tournament. IIRC they had the easier side of the bracket (as they did in the 2018 WC). they had the final at Wembley against an Italian side that probably wasn't even the best team from their bracket. and they still couldn't bring it home

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Are you saying it’s not Comin ‘ome?
watching alexi lalas' dumbself make fun of England yesterday was awkward and also kind of funny. you could tell sturridge was like wtf is this guy even talking about and who is he?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I like that Landon doesn't over talk. he just says what needs to be said and has good chemistry with Ian.

wow Modric goal, 1-0 Croatia over italy atm...

Stout

Reaction score
Southgate is such a muppet lol One change, leaving a non-winger Foden on the left who always wants to cut inside and destroy any threat of attack down that flank. Now they're slogging against Slovenia lol

Out in the first knockout game is my prediction.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Southgate is such a muppet lol One change, leaving a non-winger Foden on the left who always wants to cut inside and destroy any threat of attack down that flank. Now they're slogging against Slovenia lol

Out in the first knockout game is my prediction.
might be time to replace Kane with a younger player that has more pace. he disappears for long stretches of the match and no one is getting him the ball in areas that he can score.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd