Everyone has us taking Jonathan Stewart

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
But there are so many good running backs!

http://walterfootball.com/free2008RB.php

We can take one of the top 2 and draft Jenkins or McKelvin with our first pick.

None of the RBs on that list are franchise caliber for sure. All those RFA will not be availible unless you want to give up a first round pick for them, but then why not just draft a RB with that pick? As for the others...Turner might be really good, or might not be able to handle being an every down back, it remains to be seen, Lewis is already 29 so we would be replacing Edge with another RB that's past his best years. Julius Jones isn't as good as Edge. So that pretty much means there is only 1 RB on that list that would be a worth paying in Turner, and he is hardly a sure thing.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That FA RB list is suspect in its rankings, in my opinion. #s 11, 12, 14 and 15 are better risks than many rated above them.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
I have us picking Mendenhall...Or DRC, and Mike Jenkins.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
IT sounded like RB is a priority this offseason, as well as keeping Edge. I think that is a smart way to go about it. A 2 RB system would work well in Arizona.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
I don't like any names on there until you get past the top 10. Top two will cost too much and 3-10 aren't worth the money we'd pay them as a backup.

I say draft a RB and Stewart and Mendenhall look like a Whis type of back. 224 and 230lbs with a 4.4 is a great combination for each. Both had great games against the weaker teams and struggled against the better opponents. Stewart still managed to do well with a Leaf throwing behind him too. From what I can see, what puts Mendenhall ahead is that he is more of a power downhill runner which I know Whis likes. He doesn't stutter step and hits the hole hard. Stewart is tough to take down also and will keep the legs moving until the whistle blows. I think it might come down to whichever back blocks better at the combine for Whis. I say flip a coin, I'll take either one.

Taking a RB in the first round is the smartest thing the cards can do because whoever they take, they'll have a year to learn under Edge.

I like the rankings and analysis here.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/rb.html

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Great Blue draft, like me, has us taking Mendenhall and Cason in rounds 1 and 2. Throw in Jason Jones in round 3 and Darrel Robertson in round 4 and they have copied my Cards mock :devil:.