Expensive but neat

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Its a fake. Plus they look like theyre doing some type of ballet routine
Fake? They're clearly advertised as "customs" and the seller emphasizes no affiliation with McFarlane toys. My eyes aren't good enough to tell if they are good customs but they seem to be. $85 for two customs isn't particularly outrageous but these are just re-paints which isn't that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure McFarlane has official versions of Q and Fitz.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fake? They're clearly advertised as "customs" and the seller emphasizes no affiliation with McFarlane toys. My eyes aren't good enough to tell if they are good customs but they seem to be. $85 for two customs isn't particularly outrageous but these are just re-paints which isn't that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure McFarlane has official versions of Q and Fitz.

Emphasizes by calling them "Mcfarlane" in the title.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Emphasizes by calling them "Mcfarlane" in the title.
They are custom "McFarlane football" toys. C-u-s-t-o-m. Right above the picture, for those that don't read the item description, it reads: "I am in no way affiliated with mcfarlane or the NFL." The thread title says they are custom. No way is this guy being fraudulent or deceitful. Type in "custom McFarlane" on eBay and you'll see that there's a pretty big market for these things.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
They are custom "McFarlane football" toys. C-u-s-t-o-m. Right above the picture, for those that don't read the item description, it reads: "I am in no way affiliated with mcfarlane or the NFL." The thread title says they are custom. No way is this guy being fraudulent or deceitful. Type in "custom McFarlane" on eBay and you'll see that there's a pretty big market for these things.

Settle down pal...... do you know why they call them "Custom", because "fake" sounds worse. I could paint up a turd, throw it in a box and mark it "custom" but i'd rather take the butchers word for it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA......sorry- I to.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Settle down pal...... do you know why they call them "Custom", because "fake" sounds worse.
Care to show me the "real" counterparts? Most of, if not all, of the customs on eBay are of player/uniform comibinations not available from McFarlane toys. Just because you're ignorant or don't like them doesn't mean you should act like a jerk. The OP obviously liked them and thought other Card's fans might. Why the hate?

OP
OP
40yearfan

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, the guy has only had one negative feedback out of 849 ratings. If he's selling fake stuff, it must be pretty good fake stuff. And for any of you who were thinking about buying it, it's already sold.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
Care to show me the "real" counterparts? Most of, if not all, of the customs on eBay are of player/uniform comibinations not available from McFarlane toys. Just because you're ignorant or don't like them doesn't mean you should act like a jerk. The OP obviously liked them and thought other Card's fans might. Why the hate?

Ok, c'mon now. Its a toy....no need to get craaaaaza mad.

Everyone who's been on Ebay knows that it gets shady on there with fakes and scams. McFarlane "fakes" are all over ebay because of the value on some of those dolls. They are nice but they are meant to dupe the buyer into thinking they are fake by using funny lingo such as "custom" or "one of a kind" or "throwback". For some reason you called me a jerk and ignorant for pointing this out. Thats wierd.......i'm starting to think that this is in fact, YOUR auction. LOL

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong off season

I think there are some wonderful "throwback" "one-of-a-kind" jerseys on there you'd be interested in. :biglaugh:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think there are some wonderful "throwback" "one-of-a-kind" jerseys on there you'd be interested in.
No, the difference is that those jersey's are passed off as authentic. I just don't see how you consider this guy's auction misleading. I called you a jerk because you made what was supposed to be a fun thread an opportunity to play comedian and/or crap on what you don't like. If you don't like it, move on. But quit acting like you know what you're talking about because you clearly don't.

McFarlane figures are a fun hobby and there are customizers out there who some real works of art. They also provide fans with an opportunity to have a player that would not otherwise be available as well as owning a one of a kind item. If this guy was selling so-called "authentic" McFarlane no-helmets(for example) for $1 each, then I would agree with you. Even if you said something like "be careful, these don't look licensed by McFarlane" I could see where you were coming from.

But, all I see is you crapping on the thread.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
No, the difference is that those jersey's are passed off as authentic. I just don't see how you consider this guy's auction misleading. I called you a jerk because you made what was supposed to be a fun thread an opportunity to play comedian and/or crap on what you don't like. If you don't like it, move on. But quit acting like you know what you're talking about because you clearly don't.

McFarlane figures are a fun hobby and there are customizers out there who some real works of art. They also provide fans with an opportunity to have a player that would not otherwise be available as well as owning a one of a kind item. If this guy was selling so-called "authentic" McFarlane no-helmets(for example) for $1 each, then I would agree with you. Even if you said something like "be careful, these don't look licensed by McFarlane" I could see where you were coming from.

But, all I see is you crapping on the thread.

You sure do love using the word "crap" alot.

All im saying is I think they are fakes...so watch out. You on the other hand think they are "works of art"....so fine---go ahead and buy a doll someone painted up in their garage. To each his own......... but dont get all nasty just because I'm warning people here.

you cant tell me that the seller doesn't hope some novice picks these up in hopes that they're authentic..... tsk tsk. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All im saying is I think they are fakes...so watch out. You on the other hand think they are "works of art"....so fine---go ahead and buy a doll someone painted up in their garage. To each his own......... but dont get all nasty just because I'm warning people here.

you cant tell me that the seller doesn't hope some novice picks these up in hopes that they're authentic..... tsk tsk. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Someone used the "Buy it Now" option.

:thud:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
You sure do love using the word "crap" alot.
I'm pretty sure this is an isolated incident. When the situation calls for it though...
All im saying is I think they are fakes...so watch out.
Really looks like you're just looking out for all of us. I think it looks like your trying to be witty and pissin' on someone else's thread.
Did you even read the listing?
These are custom pieces hand painted of Larry Fitzgerald in his retro (red/burgundy) uniform and Anquan Boldin in his white/white uniform. Both one of a kind pieces. Make them yours. Have a great day . Don't forget to checkout my store for and my website www.mooresportscustoms.com for all my inventory. Thanks for your time
I am in no way affiliated with mcfarlane or the NFL.
You see, what this person is saying is straightforward and they offer testimonials and examples of what they are selling.

Have you ever built a model car or plane? Ever done anything artistic? Working in this scale is...well, work. Some of these guys tear down the original figure to it's base form, resculpt and many other things that do make them works of art. They are essentially sculptures and it takes talent to get a likeness of a player. It's not always a simple matter of slapping some paint on an already existing figure.

Again, I will simply state that this auction in no way resembles passing off a counterfeit jersey, autographed helmet or even an authentic chase or collectible McFarlane figure. If someone took a regular Urlacher figure and converted it to a "no-helmet" Urlacher and was passing it off as authentic then you'd have a point. Your statements don't support your claims of intent though.

Please give me one example from the ad that implies that these figures are something that they're not.

I can show you examples of you just hi-jacking the thread with your commentary.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is an isolated incident. When the situation calls for it though...

Really looks like you're just looking out for all of us. I think it looks like your trying to be witty and pissin' on someone else's thread.

Did you even read the listing?

You see, what this person is saying is straightforward and they offer testimonials and examples of what they are selling.

Have you ever built a model car or plane? Ever done anything artistic? Working in this scale is...well, work. Some of these guys tear down the original figure to it's base form, resculpt and many other things that do make them works of art. They are essentially sculptures and it takes talent to get a likeness of a player. It's not always a simple matter of slapping some paint on an already existing figure.

Again, I will simply state that this auction in no way resembles passing off a counterfeit jersey, autographed helmet or even an authentic chase or collectible McFarlane figure. If someone took a regular Urlacher figure and converted it to a "no-helmet" Urlacher and was passing it off as authentic then you'd have a point. Your statements don't support your claims of intent though.

Please give me one example from the ad that implies that these figures are something that they're not.

I can show you examples of you just hi-jacking the thread with your commentary.

I believe McFarlane was used in the title of this item.......

Thats all you need to know pal. Just enough so his product shows up in a search........ Why would someone replicate a product that is already sold under a protected company name...? Thats like me building a car exactly in the mold of a Ford Mustang GT.....and setting up the heading to say... Ford Mustang Custom Vehicle......

ITS BULL! If you're really that ignorant to think the seller had no intent on fooling anyone that these homemade products were in fact just that....homemade---then you sir are just nieve. Thats all there is to it.

Fight me on this all you want....but the more you defend this, the more I think you are the actual seller or in a related scam.

Go ahead and get your last words in too cuz I'm done teaching you about the real world. Last response chief.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Yes, it was. So was "custom". As opposed to Starting Lineup or any other type of toy. There are many custom Mego toys, custom Transformers, custom GI Joe, and on and on. When an ad states that it's a custom, 1 of a kind item, there isn't anything devious about it.

You fail to answer my question about how this seller, who has clearly represented what he's offering, is misleading someone.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I dont like ebay any more. That and all the bootleg DVDs.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
This is why I dont like ebay any more. That and all the bootleg DVDs.
A bootleg DVD is something being passed off as original or authentic. This item claims neither. The only thing you have to look at when you buy something on eBay is the sellers rating/feedback and comparable items. If you're looking for an out of print(OOP) DVD and there are 5 of the going for $50+ but you find one for $9.99, you should dig a little deeper. There is always a chance that you are the first person to get suckered by an unscrupulous seller but there are plenty of ways to do your homework so you don't get burned.

Always check the shipping cost. Always read the entire ad. Always check the seller's rating. Always read the seller's feedback. Always lood for comparable items. Always check the completed listings.

If someone thinks this ad is a scam, then they shouldn't be shopping on eBay. Everyone get's burned in the beginning if they blindly go at it, but if you have any online auction experience at all then this ad is a no-brainer.

OP
OP
40yearfan

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thats all you need to know pal. Just enough so his product shows up in a search........ Why would someone replicate a product that is already sold under a protected company name...? Thats like me building a car exactly in the mold of a Ford Mustang GT.....and setting up the heading to say... Ford Mustang Custom Vehicle......

ITS BULL! If you're really that ignorant to think the seller had no intent on fooling anyone that these homemade products were in fact just that....homemade---then you sir are just nieve. Thats all there is to it.

Fight me on this all you want....but the more you defend this, the more I think you are the actual seller or in a related scam.

Go ahead and get your last words in too cuz I'm done teaching you about the real world. Last response chief.

The guy has 847 positive feedbacks compared to 1 negative feedback and he has a lot of feedback from repeat customers. Apparently they have no problem with the wording on his ebay auctions or the product he is selling. You need to look at it again. He makes it obvious what the product is and what his part in it is.

Looks like a legitimate businessman to me.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
The guy has 847 positive feedbacks compared to 1 negative feedback and he has a lot of feedback from repeat customers. Apparently they have no problem with the wording on his ebay auctions or the product he is selling. You need to look at it again. He makes it obvious what the product is and what his part in it is.

Looks like a legitimate businessman to me.

Molkerman is the seller

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
as well as a lesson in Business Ethics
You seem to be the only one that has a problem with this expired ebay listing. I've offered you many different examples of why it is legit. I tried to lighten the mood and go with your jab at me actually being the seller. If you want to continue to read minds and needle me for not doing the same, more power to you. You're apparently motivated by something that I have no interest in.

Good luck.