Fan for 35 yrs. Still in Shock

Pendy

Reaction score
I have been a St.Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals fan since I was 9 yrs old in 1974. I was living in Missouri at the time, and suppose I fell in love with the cool helmets or just the fact that they were winning at the time. I still remember watching my favorites Jim Hart, Terry Metcalf, Jim Otis, Mel Gray, Roger Wehrli, just to name a few....Needless to say, I decided that I would never see my beloved Cardinals in a Super Bowl, but I guess miracles do happen. LOL....Last week I was watching on TV in my home in Oklahoma when the Cardinals won to advance to the Super Bowl, and I went into the other room where my wife was watching ???? and I told her my Cardinals won and were going to be in the Super Bowl, and she said, "are you crying?", it was at that moment that I realized that tears were indeed welling up in my eyes. I still cannot believe this is happening, but sure am enjoying this 'dream'.

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
I was also born the same year ! I've only been a hard core fan for about 17 years though. I lived in Phoenix for a few years in the early 90's and have been hooked ever since. I didn't cry (to many friends around my living room who would have held that over my head forever), but my wife did !

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, Pendy...

I've been a fan 41+ years now and I'm luvin' every minute of this. There was so much disappointment in the Past but now it's like a paintbrush just erased it all away forever. These are GREAT days to be a Cardinal fan! :D My advice: DO NOT let anyone or anything taint this moment for you. The Cards worked very hard to get where they are and have earned this. ...And ALL of us long-suffering fans scattered across the Nation have NO REASON in the world to apologize to anyone for the way we're feeling.

GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!!:D

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been a fan 41+ years now and I'm luvin' every minute of this. There was so much disappointment in the Past but now it's like a paintbrush just erased it all away forever. These are GREAT days to be a Cardinal fan! :D My advice: DO NOT let anyone or anything taint this moment for you. The Cards worked very hard to get where they are and have earned this. ...And ALL of us long-suffering fans scattered across the Nation have NO REASON in the world to apologize to anyone for the way we're feeling.

GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!!:D

Amen...fan since 1959 and I am still in shock....I continue to watch all the replays on nfl network and tivo what i missed during the workday...a real "trip" was watching them get off the plane. I have been to a number of superbowls but could not make OF ALL this one!!!! Up in Detroit the place was full of Steeler fans ...say 85% versus 15 for Seahawks...didn't effect Hawks a bit as if you recall they were really jobbed on many many calls...but Parker's run killed 'em. Anyway what a thrill. Being a Cardinal baseball fan as well...this is 1000 times the thrill.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
I"m with you. Also born in 65. Grew up in St. Louis. My Dad was a fan in Chicago, so we watched all the games. I love seeing those big pictures of some of the old guys above my seats (end zone ROH): Dierdorf, Hart, Dobler, Metcalf, Wehrli, the list goes on and on. It is so great to be a fan these days. Was it just a week ago yesterday that they beat Philly to advance? I'm am milking every second and loading up the DVR to boot!