Final Draft Thoughts

NFLRoughDraft

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys, we've posted our final mock draft (7 rounds) at NFLRoughDraft.com. I hope you're satisfied with Arizona's selections.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like any of your 2nd day picks.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For those who have forgotten:

http://nflroughdraft.com/

Here's what they gave us.

1- Mike Jenkins
2- Matt Forte
3- Marcus Howard
4- Will Franklin
5- Chris Harrington
6- Cody Wallace
7- Wilrey Fontenot

I am comfortable with the picks, but it's a little too light in the "big ugglies" department for my tastes. I do like the Jenkins pick a lot. Lots of good effort. By these people.

Good looking site. A breakdown of rounds would be easier to navigate than scrolling down continually, as would a larger size of the site itself.

Still, I'll make it a yearly reader if they keep up the good work.
Well done.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like Will Franklin a lot and would be very happy to get him in the 4th round although I'm not sure he will last that long.

He has good body control and is faster than Fitz and Q. Should be as good as BJ from a production standpoint.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The logic they applied to the picks seems alright.
I don't see the logic in him having us reach at 16 for his 24th rated player and at 50 for his 57th rated player, to start with.

You could put this same reasoning for us to choose Stewart in his own words:

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
"While running back isn’t the Steelers top priority he is just too good to pass up and the Steelers like drafting the best player available. Most people believe they will draft an offensive lineman but Max Starks recently signed his transition tag which gives them 3 players who will compete with time at offensive tackle and 3 players who will compete for time at guard. They also want to improve their defensive line but don’t find anyone worth taking at 23. Stewart is the selection and a good one at that".

Last edited:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see the logic in him having us reach at 16 for his 24th rated player and at 50 for his 57th rated player, to start with.

"Reaching" has always been a silly term.

If a team thinks they have the right player at the top of their board and he's available than they should take him.

It's certainly not a reach if that same player may not be around the next time the team picks.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If a team thinks they have the right player at the top of their board and he's available than they should take him.

It's certainly not a reach if that same player may not be around the next time the team picks.
Well put. The last definite reach I remember offhand was when the Rams took Trung Canidate in the 1st the year they won the SB.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I agree to a certain extent. I also think its important to get the best value for your pick. I think picking Stewart at 16 would add more value than Jenkins at 16. The draft is deep in CBs and there will be good value at 50.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score

1- Mike Jenkins
2- Matt Forte
3- Marcus Howard
4- Will Franklin
5- Chris Harrington
6- Cody Wallace
7- Wilrey Fontenot

I am comfortable with the picks, but it's a little too light in the "big ugglies" department for my tastes. I do like the Jenkins pick a lot. Lots of good effort. By these people.

Good looking site. A breakdown of rounds would be easier to navigate than scrolling down continually, as would a larger size of the site itself.

Well done.

That is a terrible mock to say the least!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nicely put.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

I'm saying that why by his own ratings of the players,why would he have us pick his 24th rated player (Jenkins), when at a position of need (RB) that he acknowledged in the very next round he could have had us pick his 10th rated player? I was going by his own system.

And pretty much, reaches happen. Everyone witnessing the Bills and us over the years pretty much has seen that. Sometimes it works and sometimes there are the Tommy Knights of the draft. But there are acknowledged reaches in drafts. Not that it is allways bad. Last year could still work out quite well. ;)

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score

1- Mike Jenkins
2- Matt Forte
3- Marcus Howard
4- Will Franklin
5- Chris Harrington
6- Cody Wallace
7- Wilrey Fontenot

Well done.

Now just using there drafting I think I came up with a better list.

1. J. Stewart RB
2. C. Avril OLB/DE
3. P.Lee CB
4. K. Langford DE/DT
5. C. Rinehart OG/OT
6. De Jaun Tribble CB
7. P. Garcon WR

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

1. J. Stewart RB
2. C. Avril OLB/DE
3. P.Lee CB
4. K. Langford DE/DT
5. C. Rinehart OG/OT
6. De Jaun Tribble CB
7. P. Garcon WR

much better

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Amen brother. If a team likes a player is he any better or woirse based on where he is picked. The only reason i believe the term is used is if another player is on the board that someone else thinks is better than your choice, then you can leave your choice exposed and hope no one takes him for 30 odd picks and THEN pick him up...but isn't that stupid??

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm saying that why by his own ratings of the players,why would he have us pick his 24th rated player (Jenkins), when at a position of need (RB) that he acknowledged in the very next round he could have had us pick his 10th rated player? I was going by his own system.

I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I wouldn't speak for him, but I wonder if he were emulating last years' decision to take a guy like Brown, over a more commonly regarded higher pick.

Originally Posted by Cards Czar

1. J. Stewart RB
2. C. Avril OLB/DE
3. P.Lee CB
4. K. Langford DE/DT
5. C. Rinehart OG/OT
6. De Jaun Tribble CB
7. P. Garcon WR

I dig that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members