Fire Dirk Petition

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Well, I sort of want to sign but...I don't know. Who else could we get that would actually stay here long enough to make a difference? I don't see ASU really getting any great coach.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and sign it and put it on other forums. If a coach I like, like Dennis Green, only gets 3 years to make the worst franchise in sports a winning team then I don't see why Koetter should get a decade to make the biggest university in the nation a contender. I don't hate Koetter as much as I did, but you're probably right about this.

Did you start this petition?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll give him another week. Even if things keep going sideways, we may want to wait until the end of the season.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gotta love his halftime comments to the field reporter. "Yeah, I know what I'm gonna tell the team, but I'm not gonna tell YOU!"

arrogance. Just say you're pissed & gonna make some changes at halftime. You don't have to be a douchebag about it.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to know why he was extended until the start of the next decade?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Gotta love his halftime comments to the field reporter. "Yeah, I know what I'm gonna tell the team, but I'm not gonna tell YOU!"

arrogance. Just say you're pissed & gonna make some changes at halftime. You don't have to be a douchebag about it.

Didn't he say that, or can you not read between lines?

Is his job to make the field reporter happy????????

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
So have any of your feelings changed on Koetter?

He lost to 3 very good teams, and beat every team he should have beaten...10-3 is still a very good possibilty.

OP
OP
Future1984

Future1984

Veteran
Reaction score
Nope, I would still like to see him gone at the end of the year or the end of next year.

This is as far as he can take ASU, 7-9 win teams is the best he can do for ASU, we need a big game coach to get us over the top

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He lost to 3 very good teams, and beat every team he should have beaten...10-3 is still a very good possibilty.

He has never beat a very good team, that's the problem. Take this team to the next level like a good coach should.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say keep him. He's lost 2/3 of his offensive line and he's adapted to the strengths of his personnel by shifting to a run game.

The ASU job isn't the most desirable one in college football, especially now that the university is trying to run a clean program. It's tough to compete with the USCs and Oklahomas and Auburns when they cheat and you don't.

I like Koetter and no successful big name coach will come here. This job is a stepping stone for ambitious coaches.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

He def shouldn't be fired. We should all just settle for mediocrity. Give me a break, beating teams like NAU, Col, Nevada, Stanford, and Washington is not my idea of job security. He never wins games that would push over the top, I'm sick of it.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He def shouldn't be fired. We should all just settle for mediocrity. Give me a break, beating teams like NAU, Col, Nevada, Stanford, and Washington is not my idea of job security. He never wins games that would push over the top, I'm sick of it.

He's a good coach. Given more time, he'll win more, at least I think so.

And if he wins 9 this year, that's hardly mediocre.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's a possibility, but it is surely not the gimme you're making it out to be. ASU will not be huge favorites in any of their remaining games other than Arizona which is always a crapshoot.

Koetter's a terrific offensive mind, he'd be my first call if I was Jim Livengood and Mike Stoops to fill the OC position if he was let loose by ASU this offseason. Of course, that would never happen. The only question is whether he can develop as a head coach, his annual habit of screwing the pooch on key personnel decisions and angering the natives with his arrogance and reluctance to properly sell the program will cost him his job unless he figures it out.

Last edited:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
It's a possibility, but it is surely not the gimme you're making it out to be. ASU will not be huge favorites in any of their remaining games other than Arizona which is always a crapshoot.

The only question is whether he can develop as a head coach, his annual habit of screwing the pooch on key personnel decisions and angering the natives with his arrogance and reluctance to properly sell the program will cost him his job unless he figures it out.

Well put.......and I'm not being sarcastic

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
He's a good coach. Given more time, he'll win more, at least I think so.

And if he wins 9 this year, that's hardly mediocre.

Good coach, how do you figure? Our program has been riddled with on and off field issues since Irk Ketter arrived, his teams are only 3-2 against UofA during their worst years as a football program and also as some of the worst teams in the country, he's 0-13 on the road against Pac-10 opponents in the state of California, he can't win a big game to save his life (horrendous record vs top-25 teams), he's an arrogant prick who calls out ASU fans like he's actually been succesful while here in Tempe..... It goes on and on.

He came into a great situation when he arrived here as Snyder left him with plenty of talent. His best season was with Bruce Snyder recruits ('02-'03). It took him four games that season to figure out Walter was better then Christenson and Walter set the ASU passing record only playing in 10 games.

Has he hurt the program, no. But what has he done to make it better? Not much.

And if he wins 9 games this year, that would be VERY mediocre. Nevada, NAU, Colorado, and Stanford are all horrible. Last weeks win was his first quality win of the season. We're underdogs this week and could very well be dogs at home against Wash St and UCLA (depending on how Wash St. game goes) so winning 9 games is a longshot in my mind. We always struggle against UofA + it's in Tucson this year. Not winning at least one of the games against Ore, Cal, or USC is typical Koetter- MEDIOCRE & DISSAPOINTING. I don't ever see him getting us over the hump

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score

Who said it's a "gimme"??? I certainly didn't.

Actually, I'd assume that ASU will be big favorites over both ua and UCLA.

OSU and WSU will be very tough, and ASU might lose both of those games, but ASU certainly has the chance to run the table.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
He never wins games that would push over the top, I'm sick of it.

I don't know, I kind of liked kicking the crap out of a top 15 big ten team a few years ago...How much did we beat Iowa by?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I kind of liked kicking the crap out of a top 15 big ten team a few years ago...How much did we beat Iowa by?

Jeez, do we really have to hang our hat on one game a "few years ago"? You just gave Dirk a backhanded slap.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

He's been here 5 years now and that satisfies you? Good coaches have wins like that every year. ASU has way too much potential to settle for Koetters mediocrity.

We aren't even competitive against the best teams in the Pac-10. But what the heck, I guess the Insight.com bowl is a great accomplishment year in and year out. Part of the problem is fans settle for crap like that

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05