First Round Mock Draft

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here it is, tear it apart. My guesses on what happens on draft day.

1-Rams-QB-Jared Goff
*Most NFL ready QB in the draft.

2-Eagles-QB-Carson Wentz
*Great size. Questions with level of competition, and volume of work.

3-Chargers-OT-Laremy Tunsil
*They just asked their LT to take a pay cut, and the division is wide open. They take the best tackle to keep Rivers healthy.

4-Cowboys-DE-Joey Bosa
*It is close with Ramsey, but needs separates the two players. Cowboys can't get anywhere close to as good of a DE in the 2nd round or in the remaining free agency.

5-Jaguars-CB-Jalen Ramey
*Another defensive piece for a team trying to make a run.

6-Dolphins frm Baltimore-RB-Ezekiel Elliott
*I'm buying the Dolphins trying to move up for Elliott. The Ravens love accumulating picks.

7-49ers-DE-Deforest Buckner
*I love Paxton Lynch right here, but I think Buckner trumps on a team with many needs, and Kelly values DL.

8-Browns-QB-Paxton Lynch
*Hard to guess what the Browns will do. I see a drop off from Lynch to other QBs in this draft, and I believe the Browns (or someone else) will as well.

9-Bucs-DE-Shaq Lawson
*A reach here, but the Bucs have to start getting to the opposing QBs in the division. Lawson fits well as a 4-3 DE, and would help Gerald McCoy as well.

10-Giants-LB-Myles Jack
*The Giants are a team that like value, and Jack brings value.

11-Bears-CB-Vernon Hargreaves
*Press CB is a good fit. Bears could go DE, but it is a deep draft for that.

12-Saints-DT-Sheldon Rankins
*Nice 3 Tech for the Saints new 4-3 system. Interior pass rush on this team is also a need. Rankins is a top interior disrupter.

13-Ravens-OT-Ronnie Stanley
*Moved down and got a nice OT. Ravens value offensive line.

14-Raiders-CB-Eli Apple
*Size and skill at CB is always good.

15-Titans-OT-Jack Conklin
*Doesn't force the titans to move Taylor Lewan unless they feel Conklin is worlds better.

16-Lions-DT-Jarran Reed
*Lions have a history of prioritizing DL. Reed is a really good player.

17-Falcons-LB-Darron Lee
*It fits really well. Lee is a great athlete. LB is a need.

18-Colts-OT-Taylor Decker
*It may not be Decker, but it almost has to be an OL.

19-Bills-DE-Robert Nkemdiche
*Rex needs another edge rusher, and doesn't shy away from character guys.

20-Jets-QB-Connor Cook
*Need a QB. Get a QB. Similar to a Fitzpatrick type QB, but is he a leader?

21-Redskins-DL-Vernon Bulter
*Butler or Bullard here. Nice place to grab a top DL.

22-Houston-WR-Laquon Treadwell
*A nice complement to Hopkins, and a big body in the red zone.

23-Vikings-WR-Josh Doctson
*Another team that needs a size WR in the red zone. OL should probably be the pick, but Doctson is a good value here.

24-Bengals-CB-Mackensie Alexander
*Bengals have never shied away from shorter CBs, and none of the WRs really pop with this pick.

25-Steelers-S-Karl Joseph
*Wouldn't be a shock if he wasn't coming off an injury. Steelers love smart, instinctive, and versatile safeties.

26-Seahawks-LB-Leonard Floyd
*Everything says this should be an OL, but the Seahawks like athletic, versatile defensive players. Floyd fits.

27-Packers-DL-Jonathan Bullard
*Bullard or Kenny Clark. I think they will prefer Bullard's ability to play outside as well as inside.

28-Chiefs-OLB-Emmanuel Ogbah
*Chiefs like pass rushers. Hali and Houston will not both be on the team next year. Ford has not made a huge impact. Pass rushers are a premium.

29-Cardinals-DL-Kenny Clark
*I believe Keanu Neal is a real option here, but I believe the Cardinals will take the best player on the board, and that is Clark. He has long arms, and was dominant as a true Jr. He is similar to Corey Peters in that he can play DE and NT. He has a great motor, and is talented enough to beat out Stinson, Mauro, or Bryant for a roster spot.

30-Panthers-CB-William Jackson III
*I don't necessarily believe the Panthers have to take a CB here, but Jackson has 1st round ability, and this spot makes sense.

31-Broncos-DL-A'Shawn Robinson
*Chris Jones was also an option here, but the Broncos like DL with motors and Robinson has a better motor. The Broncos understand they need to win with defense, and Robinson will step in and play.

There it is. Tough year to predict. I think Ryan Kelly is a bit overrated due to some durability concerns. Cody Whitehair is a good player, but teams are aware of what Malik Jackson was paid this year, and will want that 5th year option on these defensive linemen. I'm confident 4 Qbs are taken, and I don't buy the Hackenburg hype. Ragland is too limited in round 1 IMO. Corey Coleman, and Will Fuller push each other down. Kevin Dodd is not a big impact player for me. Spence too risky and the same with Chris Jones. Andrew Billings is a little too niche.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I like the idea of adding a DL or CB in the first. They will have a bevy of talent to chose from.

Jackson' or Neal would be a great pick s there as well.

If they can move Floyd,, then they can draft their C.

There should be some DL leftovers @ pick #90, but that would be someone like Tappet. Not sure if he'd crack the rotation.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like the idea of adding a DL or CB in the first. They will have a bevy of talent to chose from.

Jackson' or Neal would be a great pick s there as well.

If they can move Floyd,, then they can draft their C.

There should be some DL leftovers @ pick #90, but that would be someone like Tappet. Not sure if he'd crack the rotation.

Where I struggle with AZ is getting a gauge on how separated their board is on Kelly, Whitehair, Clark, Butler, Apple, Jackson, Joseph and Neal. That is what makes guessing tough.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No way Jack falls out of top 5 IMO

If you believe the medical report that you may only get one contract out of him, why not. He isn't pass rusher, he isn't a QB, and he doesn't protect the QB. His best value is becoming Luke Kuechly, and Kuechly wasn't a top 5 pick even without injury concerns.

The team who takes Jack inherits a bunch of risk for a guy who does not play a premium position. That doesn't scream "no way" to me.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Where I struggle with AZ is getting a gauge on how separated their board is on Kelly, Whitehair, Clark, Butler, Apple, Jackson, Joseph and Neal. That is what makes guessing tough.
Very tough indeed. They also brought in others like R. Nkemdiche. Maybe he impressed.

Guy like Apple should be gone. Out of the leftovers I like Jackson and Neal. Don't think u can go wrong with either one. Depends again what they think they can do at 90 and if they have a C target who can be plugged in next Rd. Need another front line PRer @ 29 or 2nd Rd. trade.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The latest I'm seeing on multiple sites, is that Ryan Kelly won't likely be available at #29, let alone not be drafted in the first round. His football knowledge is through the roof and he has graded out really well. He also can play guard too.

I'm starting to think TJ Green is the pick; we've seen this with the Cardinals before, where local guys and other national media start throwing out who the Cardinals are going to take about a week before the draft. While he looked like dog **** as a free safety against Alabama, he offers elite measureables as a CB and the team may view him as a great project player. With the 5th year option, I think teams are going to start taking players like Green in the first round more often.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I'm starting to think TJ Green is the pick; we've seen this with the Cardinals before, where local guys and other national media start throwing out who the Cardinals are going to take about a week before the draft. While he looked like dog **** as a free safety against Alabama, he offers elite measureables as a CB and the team may view him as a great project player. With the 5th year option, I think teams are going to start taking players like Green in the first round more often.

He won't be the pick, because SK already said he's looking for an immediate contributor. That's not Green. He'd get chewed up. You might as well draft Jaylon then.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you believe the medical report that you may only get one contract out of him, why not. He isn't pass rusher, he isn't a QB, and he doesn't protect the QB. His best value is becoming Luke Kuechly, and Kuechly wasn't a top 5 pick even without injury concerns.

The team who takes Jack inherits a bunch of risk for a guy who does not play a premium position. That doesn't scream "no way" to me.

I agree. I think the Giants are a good option. I think he falls to the bottom of the elite players due to the combination of injury and positional value.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals are going to highly consider a pass rushing DT or DE/OLB at #29. They always seem to be high on UCLA players, so Kenny Clark might be very high on their board. However, I wonder if they would prefer a DT who is more of a pass rusher. One of the reason why they didn't pay big money to Dan Williams was his lack of pass rush and being a 2 down NT---which is what they would be getting with Clark.

Rumors are that they are very high on DT/DE Jihad Ward of Illinois, who is raw but physically suited to rush the passer. He may well be a reach at #29, but the Cardinals have shown that they are willing to reach for players they like and ones whom they feel they can groom.

Given how your draft was going I think the Cardinals would be more interested in Noah Spence. And A'Shawn Robinson is a better pocket collapser than Clark.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The latest I'm seeing on multiple sites, is that Ryan Kelly won't likely be available at #29, let alone not be drafted in the first round. His football knowledge is through the roof and he has graded out really well. He also can play guard too.

I'm not buying what those sites are selling on Ryan Kelly. He has great analytics, but struggled to stay healthy in college which counts a lot with NFL personnel, especially at C. He will go top 60, but I don't see a bunch of teams pouncing on him in round 1. We will see who is correct. (probably those draft sites.)

I don't believe we will take TJ Green at 29.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tj green said there is a trend made by some experts to undervalue him as player
He said people should watch the match vs Alabama and can easily notice he had a very good performance that day
Probably someone is influenced by other "called" experts and repeat the same critics even if the they hadnt watched the game.

Last edited:

Mitch

Reaction score
I'm not buying what those sites are selling on Ryan Kelly. He has great analytics, but struggled to stay healthy in college which counts a lot with NFL personnel, especially at C. He will go top 60, but I don't see a bunch of teams pouncing on him in round 1. We will see who is correct. (probably those draft sites.)

I don't believe we will take TJ Green at 29.

The fact that the Cardinals are telling everyone how much in love they are with C Ryan Kelly is likely an indication that they (a) are convinced he will be taken earlier than #29 and (b) that they are planning to go in another direction than C in round 1. The Cardinals would not be touting a player to the media whom they want to draft---they are too savvy to do that. In case anyone didn't know this, Terry McDonough was on MJ's show a few weeks ago and raved about Kelly---and other media sites are recently reporting from "unnamed" Cardinals' personnel that they are "in love' with Kelly.

I share Chopper's concerns about Kelly's knees---tore his ACL in high school and suffered two MCL injuries at Alabama.

The fact that the Cardinals have been so outspoken about Kelly and the QBs in this draft could very well be their hope that teams above them go C and QB.

Mitch

Reaction score
Tj green said there is a trend made by some experts to undervalue him as player
He said people should watch the match vs Alabama and can easily notice he had a very good performance that day
Probably someone is influenced by other "called" experts and repeat the same critics even if the they hadnt watched the game.

There is only one real year of tape on T.J. Green as a DB. He was converted from WR. I watched a good deal of tape on him and what i see is a very good athlete with size and speed but very iffy defensive instincts, particularly in the passing game. While we don't know what the exact coverage was on the the two plays where QB Jake Coker and TE D.J. Howard toasted the Clemson secondary, I can't imagine the coaches wanted FS T.J. Green to stand in cement in no man's land on those plays---and put it this way, once Howard toasted them the first time, they didn't make the adjustment to put Green on him man to man, so who knows what they and he were thinking. If T.J. Green thinks his game tape versus Alabama is good, that's all the more reason to question the pick. Those two TDs to Howard were backbreakers and the difference in the game.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals are going to highly consider a pass rushing DT or DE/OLB at #29. They always seem to be high on UCLA players, so Kenny Clark might be very high on their board. However, I wonder if they would prefer a DT who is more of a pass rusher. One of the reason why they didn't pay big money to Dan Williams was his lack of pass rush and being a 2 down NT---which is what they would be getting with Clark.

Rumors are that they are very high on DT/DE Jihad Ward of Illinois, who is raw but physically suited to rush the passer. He may well be a reach at #29, but the Cardinals have shown that they are willing to reach for players they like and ones whom they feel they can groom.

Given how your draft was going I think the Cardinals would be more interested in Noah Spence. And A'Shawn Robinson is a better pocket collapser than Clark.

I'd do backflips if we drafted Clark since we can't get Rankins :D

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Good work man always look forward to your draft!!! I dont see the

Cowboys passing on Jalen Ramsey though. In order to take an end in

the top five I need more burst. He isnt twitchy enough. Ramsey is special

and rumored to be number one on their board.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree and great job on putting together this mock draft. I have never done one because it is such a daunting task and it's far more fun throwing darts at others work. Having said that he we go: :)

The buzz on Floyd is such that he won't get out of the top 15 and may crack the top 10.

I agree on Myles Jack.

I think the Browns trade down again if they can and then grab Lynch.

I really like the Clark pick and believe he has the ability to generate that interior pass rush we want and need.

I think the Seahawks bite the bullet and draft O-line in rd 1.

Once again great job on putting this mock together.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree and he has been on my mind for quite some time now. Let's say my spidey sense has been tingling about BASK drafting Clark.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Yep - Urban made the case today in an article saying they like DB's that can fill multiple roles, and specifically mentioned Green.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the pick.

Mitch

Reaction score

Check out this tape on Clark versus BYU. Clark is not worthy of a 1st round pick, imo. If you watch his game versus Stanford, you might wonder whether he is a Day 2 pick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep - Urban made the case today in an article saying they like DB's that can fill multiple roles, and specifically mentioned Green.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the pick.

I can see TJ Green at 91 but not at 29.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Check out this tape on Clark versus BYU. Clark is not worthy of a 1st round pick, imo. If you watch his game versus Stanford, you might wonder whether he is a Day 2 pick.

I'd still draft him any day over RN Mitch.:p
Everyone has those games unlike RN's 25 bad games of tape

We strongly disagree on both players & that's ok because I'll always respect you football knowledge. Neither of us will know the verdict until 3 years from now. I like chocolate others like vanilla lol

Mitch

Reaction score
I can see TJ Green at 91 but not at 29.

I agree.

MB, SK and BA sat at the NCAA Championship Game at the U of P. With all the NFL talent on the field that night, if they passed by the likes of Derrick Henry, Ryan Kelly, Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd (3 sacks in the game), Mackenzie Alexander (best cover CB in the game), Jarran Reed, Reggie Ragland and A'Shawn Robinson in in favor of drafting T.J. Green (who struggled big-time at the wrong time), one would have to wonder what in the world they were watching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake