Fitz to appear on Jim Rome is Burning

OP
OP
A

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
taking this week as another game...prepared and confident....want to keep the winning going.

(is this the year?) believes its playoffs or bust...good on O, D, and ST. feels its the time.

(have you learned how to finish) we talk about it alot and fitz feels this is the first time they are focused enough to play all out all game.

(how good does it feel to be on the good end of a beatdown) felt good to do what the coaches asked to a T, wanted to show that they believe its their year.

(hall of fame/?) yeah fitz feels a major goal is the hall of fame.

(ring?) he feels the combination of a ring and good stats would help.

(who runs the best routes?) torry holt, who mentored fitz when he entered the league.

(the YAC issue) fitz was told he has a big strong body from Haley, and that he needed to start using it. fitz said he wants to be like Q, who has taught him some things, Q looks to run linebackers over.

(the Q issue) nothing in Q dimeanoer that has changed. good guy. hardworking. no one else he would rather play with. stays out of the contract talk. we all want Q to be here a long time. rome feels Q is channeling the anger/energy into his play.

OP
OP
A

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
the forum guys spoke of us.

(are the cards for real?) their O is scary good (hightower adds another dimension). The D has not been tested. the washington and jets game will tell a lot. call me at the bye week and if we are sitting at 4-1 then some serious noise should be made. the other guy says we are a playoff team given the tripleA division we play in.

matt leinart either needs to go to another team or wait for warner to inevitably be hurt.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cardinals getting some love on ESPN. Warner was just on PTI. I think he was on the herd this morning.

I only caught a little bit of what he was saying, but he when asked if Matt is sulking, he said he realized this is a business, knows Matt was disappointed but is happy to be playing for a coaching staff dedicated to winning.

He also said Whis joked that Kurt would like to throw it 60 times a game. Kurt laughed and said maybe not 60, but he loves to strta the game throwing and knows they need to balance with run. He said more like 35 throws a game is about right. That was all I could catch as I am at work.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Whis was on Dan Patrick show today

Caught a little of the interview.

Q:What does Kurt do better than Matt?
Whis: With his experience Kurt is better at analyzing the defense and checking from a run to another run or from a run to a pass. Early in season when teams throw things you haven't seen from them before, Kurt is able to make the adjustments at the LOS.

Q: When will you be able to gauge how good this team is?
Whis: At mid-season. At that point we'll have played enough different opponents to have a pretty good idea and hopefully go on the last eight games and contend for a playoff slot or the division.

Athlon

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, thanks azfan43. I didn't know that Torry Holt had mentored Fitz. Good info. :)

Torry Holt would be a good mentor on running routs but please Fitz don't pick up his habit of catching the ball and thin sliding on the ground. I think Tampa did that to Holt. :p